Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Projects option?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Projects option? Reply with quote

Any thoughts of having a "Projects" heading in our menu to put all the winter project threads into one place?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds likea good idea -im just rebuilding a DB2 this year. Anyone tell me how to reduce the piccis in physical size from photobucket so they dont fill the whole page, or have we had our fill of DB2 rebuilds!!
crankcase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Nige
I was wondering if you would upload some pics too.
click on edit in the blue menu below the picture, then resize, about 1000 pixels fills the width nicely.
I wouldn't mind to see some of the other bikes too.

P.S. found Mike yesterday on the Ducati 851 site- he seems to have 3 or 4 of the things.

all the best
Ian
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige wrote:
or have we had our fill of DB2 rebuilds!!

never full up, besides it is winter, traffic is slow, nights are dark and long, what else or we going to read about, go on Nige post a few bits, especially the removal of the bling bling anodised bits Laughing
husson73

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuilt my 1971 H2 Kawasaki 750 frame H2F 0002** with the engine which is also the correct one, it's a wreck actually but have all the parts mostly NOS to do it. Cool
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now now 2bims dont get me going on the anodised bits, the oilpipes replaced by brake hosing, the loose bolts everywhere or the pathetic mess made of the cushdrive when someone (I suspect on the forum) tried to repair it by welding the head back onto the threaded portion of a cush drive stud. I'll post a picci if you insist Rolling Eyes
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tou showed me the bolt the last time I was round at yours , but I do think its worth a picture to show how some people think "fixing" works for them
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on the principle you need to be working on 3 projects at the same time. One starting the strip down, one waiting for bits to come back from paint etc, one midway for prep and one being put together. That way you can be busy all the time, not hang around waiting for bits to arrive and
not get bored. Wink
crankcase

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the multiple projects route too, not really a plan, it just happens that way.
The 851 is waiting for its 17" wheels.
YB4: piles of parts in the living room, wiring looms laid out in the office.
The Hailwood needs new fork seals and valve shims (should drop the new valve guides and fork stancions in at the same time).
and I'm getting all excited about a new idea, which will need a full restoration.
Plus I've got my workshop to finish rebuilding- but I don't like that cold weather outside.
What are kitchens for? Idea
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
I am working on the principle you need to be working on 3 projects at the same time. One starting the strip down, one waiting for bits to come back from paint etc, one midway for prep and one being put together. That way you can be busy all the time, not hang around waiting for bits to arrive and
not get bored. Wink

thats 4, Duncan. Use your fingers. Very Happy
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that when i posted but I guess the middle two are the same bike... hehehe!
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crankcase wrote:
I like the multiple projects route too, not really a plan, it just happens that way.

The wife and I ride just about all year long, so I don't really get into too many actual "projects". For me it's mainly upkeep amd general maintenance. We have ridden a combined 40k+ per year and the bikes are older, so I sometimes get swamped with maintenance items. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to do them, either, so they start adding up. Currently, I need to....

* Replace the stator on my Duc ST2, again (the new one was bad)
    * Find the issue causing the dropping of a cylinder on my wife's ST2
    * Reweld and repaint section of the headlight fairing on the wife's GSXR
    * Try to get the Paso running smoother
    * Valves need adjusting on the R1
    * Do a top-end on the Harley (lost compression on one cylinder - running on one cylnder)
    * Get back on the Mega Paso project by getting the frame rewelded

Some of these things have been needing to be done for a while. Between 50 hour work weeks, an odd-ball work schedule, and having just finished my master's degree in August, I've been pretty bad about jumping on any project - prefering to just sit back and relax for a change. To put a damper on my time and to place some project-working stress for the Holidays, I start teaching part-time in January.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: