Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Any working alternatives to the YB6 sidestand?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
who

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Any working alternatives to the YB6 sidestand? Reply with quote

I can't believe how stupid the side stand on my YB6 is. It cased my roadster to slip over the other day as I moved from one side of it to the other. Needless to say I'm devastated, even though the damage was minorish...

Anyone found a cure for this spring loaded idiocy?
hondablack1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Your sidestand Reply with quote

Hi, I just joined this forum. So better late than never, I suppose.
I had the problem of no side stand on my YB6 when I inherited it from an unsuccessful wannabe racer.
I got one off a Kawasaki GPZ 550 H2 in the end. Fits a treat. Doesn't quite look the same but does the job amazing ! These auto retract side stands suck. Ask any Ducati owner.
Send you a pic, if you like.
Regards
who

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! A picture would be great! Very Happy
hondablack1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, will do. I'll have to get on my hands and knees to do that but expect something in a couple of days, if that is OK ?
Regards
who

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great. Does it manage to miss the body work through out it's movement? Auto retract.... is that what they call it... I call it a f*#kING lunacy. Smile
hondablack1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry about the delay. I had to wait until I could remove the fairing to get a decent pic. My restoration workflow dictated that I had to get some other work out of the way before I could do that.
However, done that now. Here are some pics for you. It is over ten years since I did this mod so I can't remember exactly what I did. I am sure I welded the square bar on to the business end of the Kwak sidestand and then passed the original Bimota frame bolt through the lot.
As to whether there would be any clearance issues I can't be sure because I have totally rebuilt my fairing. It had lots of bits and edges missing when I inherited the bike. That is why I am pulling the plastic on an off the bike so many times. To get the shape right !
It must be fairly close to the original Bimota item's position though, in my opinion from looking at photos. I never had the original on my bike.
Had difficulty uploading pics to this board so I have linked to my Google docs. If you need better pics let me know.
Cheers Jon

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nmRr_Fi8yYo/TuEegwo9ffI/AAAAAAAAAPo/cvUlbt6tBo0/w500-h375-k/pic1.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wEKRBVoE6VI/TuEee2y2dJI/AAAAAAAAAPY/2JnJfrwdYg4/w146-h194-k/pic2.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qPN7vIylVLc/TuEegMryK9I/AAAAAAAAAPg/422oQfogUu8/w146-h194-k/pic4.jpg
who

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for going to the trouble of putting these photo's up Jon. Cheers!
hondablack1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure,
I'm sorry they are not very good photos. I could not work out how to upload directly. There must be a way ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: