Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Useful Supermono Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Useful Supermono Information Reply with quote

Best Spark plugs NGK Iridium DR8EIX (x2). Take the Metal caps off the plug leads

Brake pad codes

Carbon Lorraine
Front 2247 A3+
Front race 2247 SBK5 (excellent!)
Rear
2249 RX3

EBC
Front FA95
Front Sintered FA95HH

Ferodo
Front FR408

Vesra
Front VD-945

Dunlopad
Front DP614

SBS
Front 566

More info to follow
Anders

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts that are compatible ( but not necessarily exactly equal) with other makes:

Fuel pump and filter: These are from early models 916.
Most of the components on the electric plate (ignition, regulator, starter & flasher relays etc) are directly from the F650.

Front calliper: Any pre -98 Duc.
Front disk: almost any Duc from the same period, apart from the fact that the screws are countersunk on the Bimota. You will have to replace the the screws if you use a Ducati disk.
Rear disk: Haven't found any other make that fits.
Rear calliper: don't know, but I guess several other italian bikes from the same period uses the same one.

If you want lighter wheels, a front wheel designed for a 900SS or early Monster with a 20mm wheel spindle will fit without too much hassle. The rear wheel, however, is more difficult.

Tail lamp: KTM Sting & Duke 1 + Monster.

Clutch lever: BMW F650.
alexo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: brake pads Reply with quote

iŽam ushing brake pades from a yamaha szr 660. the originals or the carbon race brake pads. the are probable cheaper also. i have paid 90 euro for 2 sets.

iŽam looking for a race body work. a complete fairings and mayby framework parts. also race footrests, levers, sprockets.

mayby i can use another model? i've my bike for just a month so i don't know much about the bb1 version.

iŽll race in the dutch supermono championship.
Anders

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: brake pads Reply with quote

alexo wrote:
iŽam looking for a race body work. a complete fairings and mayby framework parts. also race footrests, levers, sprockets.

Regarding race fairing etc, there are some offered at
http://www.oemparts.eu/parts.asp?G0=550000001&G1=55DD00001&G2=55DDBI001&G3=55DDBI110&T0=Cowling&T1=Fairing%20Glassfiber&T2=Bimota&T3=BB%20SUPERMONO&D=MF
I have never seen these parts, so I know nothing about them myself.

Regarding race footrests etc, please have a look at my ad at http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=227
Dr.John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-BB1 headlights are very common to several italian mopeds and scooters, with a little bit of luck you could find the headlight unit as CEV 343/344
-Gauges can be found in several small displacement italian motorcycles, like cagiva freccia, cagiva mito etc... just replace the gauges face plates.
-Mirrors are from Gilera CX 125
-Handlebar Switches are the same with Bmw F650, but could also found in several italians... Like Moto Guzzi California 1100EV, Guzzi Sport 1100..etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: