Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB4 racing fairing and windscreen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimototo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: DB4 racing fairing and windscreen Reply with quote

hi everybody,
I'm looking for those part,
someone have a contacts?
thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the Forum, theres this company in Greece that do pattern fairings and seat pans etc for the DB4 in both fibreglass and carbon fibre

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bimota-DB4-gas-tank-rear-fairing-carbon-fiber-/250812222209?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6592cb01
bimototo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi and welcome to the Forum, theres this company in Greece that do pattern fairings and seat pans etc for the DB4 in both fibreglass and carbon fibre

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bimota-DB4-gas-tank-rear-fairing-carbon-fiber-/250812222209?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6592cb01

I know Dimitri, if you email him you can get a good discount Wink
but I'm looking for a front fairing without headlight hole!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bimototo"]
2bims wrote:

I know Dimitri, if you email him you can get a good discount Wink
but I'm looking for a front fairing without headlight hole!

Well I guess if you know him then ask him to make one with the headlight cut-out glassed over? If he can make the moulds in the first place then it shouldn't be too hard? Don't know of any other links on the net that make DB4 fairings, sorry
ADVAGO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on bimototo the first that made carbon fairing for Bimotas is Carbondream Italia also for SB8R after they continued with ART.Call them.
deebee4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a cover myself using the headlamp as a mould.I pressed the headlamp with the front smoothly covered in a polyethyleen bag in a container filled with plaster. Let it harden out. Removed the headlamp and there was my mould. Laid polyester fiber and resin in there making a cover that fits nicely in te headlamp opening. After hardening out and some minor sanding I fitted it in place with silicone sealant from the back side, so that it can be removed when this would become necessairy. White plastic sheeth on the front making a nice place for the numbers. And the heavy headlamp is gone, making it easier to power wheelie out of the sharp turns.

I've got a brand new complete original db4ie fairing (in red) and a tricolore monocoque as a spare. When I would crash my original fairing beyond repair I have a complete set, and that's reassuring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: