Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 parts wanted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agusta74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: DB1 parts wanted! Reply with quote

I would consider anything related to the DB1, however large or small it might be.

At the moment I am specifically after any tools and the tool kit bag and the "key" that opens the seat with the hex drive on it.

Also an original warranty book. (not a copy I have that)

I do have some DB1 parts spare to trade.
I also have a scanned copy of the factory owners manual if anyone needs it.

Regards
Gavin
New Zealand
DB1 0075
djk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gavin,

If memory serves me right you have/had? a Gilera Saturno, im looking at buying a 500 thats been sitting for about 5 years and after researching it it is recommended to change the timing belt every two years so my question is how easy is it to source a belt and the flywheel tool required to do the work? Im 50/50 about purchasing as its a non runner at the moment so any help would be appreciated.

Also sorry this isnt a DB1 reply.

Cheers

Duncan
agusta74

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Duncan,

Belts are as easy as a VISA card and a weeks wait away. (Or I could sell you the new one I have here) the tool I can't remember the price but they are avaliable also.... or you could have one made.

German site I found best for Gilera bits....
http://www.hahne-power.de/gilera.htm
It's a HELL of a dissorganised site but it you ask or look hard the bits are their.

Is the bike a Red, Black and white or a Black and gold??

I currently have what was a red 350 thats morfing into a "Superlight 558".

Regards
Gavin
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
Hey Gavin,

If memory serves me right you have/had? a Gilera Saturno,

Even the 350's seem to fetch a high price, even if from a dealer
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gilera-Nuovo-Saturno-350-DOHC-/120769109310?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c1e665d3e

Pretty sure the guts at North Leicester Motorcycles could also help
djk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gavin,

I had a look at that website and i see what you mean about being disorganised, if i do buy the bike ill probably use it.

The bike is a red one but doesnt have the white pin stripe on the tail section so im thinking re-spray? The guy i talked to didnt actually know much about the bike as it was his grandfather/uncle/something? He wasnt even sure if it was a 350 or 500, i had a look and its a 500 with an aftermarket exhaust. It has the usual signs of a bike thats been sitting for five years, rusty chain/discs and pitting is starting to form on the front forks with the seals being blown as well, a few other minor niggles which would be easy to fix. The guy is asking $4500 which i think is still a very good deal for the bike, i think ill offer 4k and go from there, what do you think?

A Saturno has been on my bikes wanted list for a long time and they very rarely come up for sale in NZ, the last one i saw was down in Christchurch that was an ex race bike but he stopped listing it after the earthquakes. Not sure if he sold it of site or it got damaged in the quake.

Cheers

Duncan

Also thanks 2bims ill have a look at NLM to see if they can help.

[/url][/code][/quote]
agusta74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducan, send me a message at gavinnz at xtra.co.nz with your afterhours land line number I can call you free and we can talk Gilera:)
Regards
Gavin
djk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gavin,

Due to the mobile age ie mobile phones and mobile broadband i ceased having a landline awhile ago, sometimes i think it wasnt the smartest move. Ive been told to contact the last mechanic who worked on it to get a better idea about it, supposedily the bike has gone up in size before it was parked up and had a bit of work done, which i guess ill find out when i speak to the mechanic. I will email you if i do decide to buy.

Cheers

Duncan
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: tools and stuff Reply with quote

hi
DRT in Germany has some of what you want: http://bimota-teile.de/Bimota/index.html

Ersatzteile means spare parts, then click on whichever bike- only a taillight for the DB1 though, under 'Sonstige Teile und Zubehör' there are the things you are searching for

215 000 463 Bordwerkzeug bis SB8K 35,00 €
(tool kit, all models up to SB8K)

under 'Sonstiges'

Warranty and Service Book Garantieheft 25,00 €
(it doesn't say for which models though- were there different ones?)

under 'YB8E YB8ei'

300 000 198 Inbusschlüssel 4mm Stauraum auch YB6 H,S.KB 9,90 €
(hex key)

The St column means how many he had on stock, not always updated.

good to look through everything because some parts are common, hours of fun with google translator- or maybe you can search using the part numbers- however Bimota updated their part numbers a lot.

good luck
Ian
bevelbillh3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: DB1 BLACK ASTRALITE WHEELS 16 INCH Reply with quote

I HAVE A PAIR OF DB1 BLACK ASTRALITE 16 IN WHEELS FOR SALE W/ CUSH DR AND SPROCKET.1000.00
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I lost your #, you sold me Iain Gunn's Moto GP bike. I will take the wheels.

PM sent.

George V
crankcase

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agusta74 wrote:
Hiya Duncan,
German site I found best for Gilera bits....
http://www.hahne-power.de/gilera.htm
It's a HELL of a dissorganised site but it you ask or look hard the bits are their.
Regards
Gavin

take a look at this page: http://www.hahne-power.de/giltun.htm

someones put a Kawa H2 engine in a Gilera 125 ! smart bloke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: