Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Its a quiet day on the forum...heres some pictures for you..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Its a quiet day on the forum...heres some pictures for you.. Reply with quote

Here are a few pictures of my bimota SB8K Gobert. As you might recall it has been rebuilt after a fire caused by a fault (piece of very fine aluminium swarf in the petrol line lodged in the injector) leading to the bosch injector staying open.

The bike has radial (servo controlled and articulated) shower injectors, carbon air box, carbon body work, partially carbon frame, carbon fairings and ancillaries, carbon seat support, magnesium engine casing.

The bike was dynoed at 130 at the back wheel shortly after I put it back together.

But after a couple of months riding I adjusted the TPS (richer) and the bike got another lease of power marked by a broken chain 5 miles down the road.

The tool for TPS setting of the SB8K is about as easy to find as the holy grail, so I was happy that I'd gotten so near to full power for this bike after the rebuild without having to spend months trying to track down the £1000 device (which might not even work when you did get it).

On the Gobert, the seat fairing is normally painted white with a 501 on it, but rather than wait for a respray, I rubbed down and polished up the carbon and added some vinyl striping as a trial, it doesn't look out of place so I have left it.

Took the pix about a month ago after getting rid of a few thousand miles of summer riding. Hope you guys enjoy looking at these pix of Gobert as much as I do.

Spring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jobs a goodun"
Amazing transformation Wink
laminator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bellissimo!
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'tis a beauty.
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luurvelly
brian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate... that looks fookin' hot. Very nice work to bring it back from a fire that caused so much damage. Did you have much trouble getting body parts etc?

Nice work,

Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several patient months of correspondence I eventually got a Bimota "consignment" arranged, I paid about Euro 2500 or something and this was discounted by around 30% by Bimota as a good will gesture bearing in mind the problem.

But instead of my parts, I received a huge box of Tee shirts, Base ball caps and unpainted YB11 and Tesi parts -- I sent it on to the USA where it shoudl have gone without even taking a cap.

Unfortunately this honesty and restraint was not rewarded and my parts never arrived. So no parts from Bimota and I can't even say I got the tee shirt and baseball cap...

Eventually scrambled them all together from here and there especially ebay and Rosmoto a bike shop from close to Bimota.

One thing I did learn is that like many Bimotas many SB8K parts are common with other bikes, so let me know if you need a part which you can't find.

Cheers Zombie.
brian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks zombie. It's been very frustraing trying to get a couple parts for my SB6 locally. Some things will be just easier to have machined up i guess, like the collets for the fairing securing bolts. I guess it will take me a while to get some contacts and work out where i can get different parts from.

I recon it will be more difficult to source parts in Australia than GB but these days with the internet and a credit card it's a lot easier.

Lucky i enjoy a challenge Smile
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian,

This guy can sometimes help with bits and pieces like that...

http://www.bimota-parts.de
akito-man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate thats stunning,well done,need a pic of the front too,no ducts and the lights. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: