Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R gear linkage woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jatexup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: SB8R gear linkage woes Reply with quote

Hi,

Whilst out on my SB8R today, when attempting to change down through the gears the carbon-fibre gear linkage rod became disconnected from the lever attached to the gearbox sprocket. Upon closer examination when I arrived home (albeit still in 5th gear!), it was clear that the bolt in the metal rose joint on the end of the c/f rod which attaches it to the lever had sheared off, leaving part of it inside the lever!

If anyone has such items I'd be extremely grateful. Unless I can get a spare lever/rod unit then I'll attempt to get the existing one sorted by drilling out the broken-off bold and getting the gear lever re-threaded, and see if I can get the other bit sorted so that it might be possible to get the rose joint end of the bolt out of the bit that unscews from the c/f rod, or indeed get one made up if necessary. Here's hoping anywasy!.
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did try and get a carbon link rod from the factory but they do not stock them any more , luckly i still have the good old alloy one Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gear lever, isn't it a TL1000 item? and an alloy rose jointed rod, no problem to get made Wink
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the alloy replacement number is 505182680 or for the carbon one is 505182080 if you email the factory they do have quite a good spaires dept Very Happy
jatexup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: SB8R linkage Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your extremely helpful and swift responses - it's very much appreciated.

Best regards,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: