Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Article in MCN " Bimota, we are still alive"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKbimota

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Article in MCN " Bimota, we are still alive" Reply with quote

Before the tom toms start rolling and what could be mis understood becomes mis understood, let me make a statement here concerning the article in MCN this week (10.8.2011) "Bimota are still alive". page 32.

The MCN article says there is "No Bimota importer in the UK", what MCN have failed to mention in the article is that "Bimota S.p.A allegedly stopped trading at the end of 2010. We didn't know and were not told either, we had to find out ourselves. We have no reason to believe there is anything sinister at work here, and it maybe that it was a company administration reshuffle however it is a legally binding change and one that we, as a proper UK constituted company must take seriously and act upon correctly, not only for our benefit but for those of our accredited service points/dealers, customers and potential customers.

The Italian management team were disbanded, one resigning on personal grounds (this is confirmed and I know the tragic reason).

We have been asking for confirmation of the agreement from the NEW BIMOTA COMPANY since early January and even have been visited in the UK by the new sales director (albeit at the end of April so we lost the 2010 early sales opportunities) to confirm some on going details, however, without knowing who we are working with we felt it was not fair or even legal to take customers money for deposits and also final payment for the bikes without knowing which Bimota company/factory address we were dealing with.

Considering how they have treated other importers in the past and also after so many of you (thank you) telling us to "be very careful", we have been, and once the situation is clear with the factory we shall be letting you all know through the official channels what is happening.(you will note the Bimota website has been down for months also) The website in Italy was core to our sales drive of course as stated in MCN may last year.

That is the reason we have been quiet this year and was explained to MCN but when MCN asked us "do you have an agreement" we had to say in all honesty, "NO, we do not have an agreement with the new Bimota Srl, company", however our agreement with Bimota S.p.A remains valid until 2012 and they have not informed us anything to the contrary.

I know, as many of you have told me during the past eighteen months you would buy new Bimotas if fitted with different engines and we have been informing the factory all your concerns. The brand and the motorcycle has many many followers in the UK and of course around the World and a considerable number of you have kept in contact with me, letting me know your thoughts and ideas. These thoughts and ideas have always been passed to the factory for comment and discussion and we have valued the contribution from many of you on this forum and others who are not regular contributors but riders of the marque.

From our view we hope the factory continue to produce interesting machines and we will continue, in our way to contribute to that success. There are now over 12 service points in the UK, which considering last year there were none is a reasonable start to the five year plan. That is what the vast majority of Bimota owners asked us for in the first instance and that is what we have delivered in our first year for the customers in the UK. (we have also helped a few of you around the world stranded in a similar way (no dealers to service the bikes) and made some very good friends for doing so at the same time.

Please call me if you or you know of others who need any further information, I will be pleased to help where I can.

0844 800 28 20 or email me at: info@ukbimota.com.

Thank you

Graham
AMV Motorcycles Ltd
Importers for Bimota S.p.A

Last edited by UKbimota on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a list of service points and areas they cover, please??
UKbimota

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Bimota service points Reply with quote

Let me know where you are and i'll send you the nearest one.

Thanks for the reply.
UKB
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oop north...........Northumberland / Durham area or nearest ones??
zombie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKB - wondered where you had got to. Thanks for shedding light on this a lot of us have all been wondering.

What happened to that German guy Ralf who was supposed to be taking over?

Cheers
Zomb
UKbimota

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "german guy" is still here, I suggest you read a copy of MCN page 32 and see what they are saying.
UKbimota

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
oop north...........Northumberland / Durham area or nearest ones??

Which Bimota are you riding?

If its not post 2003 none of the dealers we have set up, unless they are happy to look at Suzuki, Yamaha or even Honda engined machines may be able to help as the factory insisted we only work with those who have Ducati engine facilities. (all post 2003 Bimotas are fitted exclusively with Ducati as I suspect all of you know )

I did spent a lot of time sourcing dealers who would be prepared to look at the post 2003 bikes as I know many of you have those but due to lack of interest from the factory and above all, an ever decreasing stock of old parts it was just not financially viable for us as I am sure you will understand.

When I was visiting the factory I did on one or two occasions actually go and source parts from the stock bins myself. (I also had a YB11 in the early days) It was not good then and I suspect its even worse now.

The view I took was that if a owner who had an older Bimota and received good service from us, when it came to buying a new bike he/she would consider a new Bimota. The factory however did not share our enthusiasm.

If you have a Ducati engined bike let me know.

regards
UKB
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no its a slightly earlier SB6R...........

do you not have a dealer list anyhows so i can peruse it and poss speak to a few??
UKbimota

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:

do you not have a dealer list anyhows so i can peruse it and poss speak to a few??

Hi,

Until the factory (if ever) sort themselves out we will not be promoting them further.

UKB.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're on our own again Laughing
UKbimota

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Looks like we're on our own again Laughing

No no I am still here, or that is what my agreement says! Very Happy you are not alone Cool

UKB
stockcar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKbimota wrote:
stockcar wrote:

Hi,

Until the factory (if ever) sort themselves out we will not be promoting them further.

UKB.

so you have service agents but your not prepared to divulge their details??? sorry but what business do you run.................
UKbimota

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
UKbimota wrote:
stockcar wrote:

Hi,

UKB.

so you have service agents but your not prepared to divulge their details??? sorry but what business do you run.................

Not one that involves Bimota in Italy at this time, according to MCN and the factory. So I hope this answers your question?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:

Hey c'mon you can see UKBim's in a "position" here and I'm sure if the playing field was level he'd be the first to help, but it's not.

If you have a problem with your SB6R then just shout in the SB forum or on OldskoolSuzuki under the watercooled section. There isn't much that's really difficult with the bike as long as you have some mechanical knowledge. The basics are simple - change the oil, clean the carbs and it likes to eat sparkplugs. The biggest problem with Bimota's is the lack of use.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you UkBimota. I am often asked to recommend others to do my job if I cant fill the post. I gave up after being let down to many times by people who I thought would be capable and were not. It all reflects back to you. So stand by your guns, get on Dragons den and buy the factory!
Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: