Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Where is everyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Where is everyone? Reply with quote

Come on Oily, Evil, GeeKay, Pompey etc, whats happened to all the posts? I know Winter seems to have early again after another great British Summer, but whats the crack, any new updates and mods, acquisitions etc?

Weather dependant I'm looking to get over to Chester on the Deeside on Saturday and over to Rivington Barn on the Sunday, looking not to be lonely. Its my last free weekend for now until November so looking for a run out
oily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
Sorry my man, doctor says I've got to take it easy. That's my excuse.
Been putting a new roof on my house, that's now finished, been off work for the last 7 weeks and another 3 to go but I've never been so short on time, how does that work Question
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the SB8R has been retired to the conservatory until next spring and the Mantra is snuggled under blankets in the garage.
I'm busy in the garage with non-Bimota projects and have been using my baby Gixxer for local riding.
Winter is almost upon us Crying or Very sad
oily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a cyber chat with a very nice Bimota owner who didn't post anything about his restoration because he thought no-body would be interested Shocked
This got me wondering as to how many more Bimota owners don't post because they think their projects/mods/repairs/thoughts would be of no interest to the rest of us.
C'mon guy's and/or gal's. Get posting and expand this Bimota community Wink
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be collecting YB's. The YB4 is going strong, the YB7 has had a coil problem but I'm in the process of rebuilding it now, and I've collected my new YB9. The registration details should be with me this week, then get a plate made. I rode it to the MOT station and can't wait for a proper ride. I've changed the oil, filters, plugs, etc.

Other than that, not much Rolling Eyes
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just back from another work trip to the states... must try harder. Going to start stripping back the DB2 soon and will keep you posted on that.
Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your plans for it? Back to original colours and bodywork, or mechanical check and clean? Only company I've ever seen that has copy bodywork is Ricambi Weiss but their aftermarket fairing units come as "track" type, without headlight cut-outs and side vents missing
SimonBailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, new to the Bimota scene - picked my YB11 (chassis 409) up on saturday - and would welcome meeting up with other Bimota owners. I also have a CBR600F "hack" that is great fun...but not as gorgeous as the YB11.

I'm based in Wrexham, so North Wales is my normal playground but West Cheshire and North Shropshire are close enough.

Anyone that wants my number to arrange rides, please feel free to send me a message and I'll send my number over.

Oh and for the record, I think my new toy is simply the most beautiful object I've ever seen...is it wrong to just go out to the garage just to stare at it? lol

Simon
oily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Simon and YES it's very wrong to go out to the garage to stare at a YB..........................
Now an SB........ Laughing
SimonBailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks oily...I did consider an SB...but thought that was too egocentric...as it's my initials... Smile That and I love the styling of the YB11.

Maybe I should rename my kids using the Bimota theory...so the eldest would be called SB1 and the youngest SB2 Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi SimonBailey, and welcome to the Forum, strange log-on name, almost looks like a proper birth name. theres lots of folk on here that can give you advice as reagrds adopting a suitable riding position for the YB11. For myself is was akin to kneeling in front of the big white telephone after a night on the pop, you'll find the mirrors interesting at least, well that is if you intend to use them. Arm position for slow turns from junctions is put your elbows out wide as if hugging a gorilla, so that your forearms don't catch on the nose fairing and mirrors.

More than happy to meet up if you pm your mobile, weather dependant I was going to pop down to the River Deeside line of bikes in Chester on Saturday, and possibly the Rivington Barn on Sunday, as its me last free weekend for a while, but could switch around if it suits.

Happy riding, whilst the sun shines (He says whilst sat in a dreary grey wet office outlook in Salford Quays.)
SimonBailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@2bims...I tend to use my realname as my forum name...I can never think of anything clever or witty...lol

Thanks for the riding tips...it's certainly different from the CBR. The mirrors are typically Italian - "What's behind you doesn't matter" style.

I'll PM you my Mobile number.

Simon
oily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is everyone? Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Come on Oily, Evil, GeeKay, Pompey etc, whats happened to all the posts? I know Winter seems to have early again after another great British Summer, but whats the crack, any new updates and mods, acquisitions etc?

There ya go, ask and ye shall receive and all that.
Been plenty of posts today Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those boys in Oz should be popping a few posts, wheres the pictures of the V-due being built? You boys are coming into summer so should be lots of pictures of trips down to the local billabong or whatever it is?
oily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want much do you Laughing

You've left out the state side contingent or were they next to be bullied Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: