Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fuel leak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saabnut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Fuel leak Reply with quote

I have a small fuel leak from the gasket on the fuel pump assembly. I'm looking for a new gasket or a proper suggestion on a permanent fix. Thank you in advance. This forum has been a big help!! Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the complexity of the gasket there's always scissors and a sheet of gasket material Wink
I find 3bond is an excellent gasket sealer Wink
zombie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try and track down the source of the leak. Is it the gasket or the hose or the plastic insert which the hose fits onto? The pressure on that pump is very high on the SB8R - I believe its 60psi.

If its the gasket try doing up all of the screws gradually and evenly, if that doesn't work, try turning the rubber o ring over.

If its the plastic insert you can replace them or use some goo to seal it again, Aprilia use the same fuel connectors on some of their bikes e.g. shiver. There is an allen screw which fixes the connector into the fuel pump base.

A few more ideas anyway!
saabnut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tied a few things, I also used a gas resistant gasket sealer but it is still leaking. Is there anyway to get a new seal from Bimota or one that will fit.
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota might be a slow business but in the end you'll probably get the right gasket.

Perhaps it would be worth giving these people a call with your o ring dimensions and let them know what its role will be?

http://www.polymax.co.uk/acatalog/?gclid=CLq9oIbFj6sCFQVTfAod2VsUvQ

All the best
Zombie
saabnut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you zombie. I'll try to order an o ring. The dimensions are 72mm I/D. I think a 4 or 5 mm c/s might be ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: