Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Leaves falling, days shorter, bikes 4 sale all time high...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Leaves falling, days shorter, bikes 4 sale all time high... Reply with quote

Its a good time to buy a Bimota... my money no object top picks would be the NLM VDue and the made in italy motorcyles DB7 / Mondial Piega.

The SB7 seems to be a good choice too....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Motorcycles-Scooters-/422/i.html?LH_LocatedIn=0&_trkparms=65%253A10%257C66%253A4%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_nkw=bimota&_catref=1&_dmd=1&_dmpt=UK_Motorcycles&_in_kw=1&_ipg=200&_oexkw=&_okw=bimota&_sc=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_udhi=&_udlo=&_sop=2&_sc=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/bikes/bimota/postcode/bs273sq/radius/1500/quicksearch/true

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/Bimota/_/N-547+191

http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/Stock%20List%20.htm[/list]
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All At top prices being advertised, but only the rich or unknowing would be buying at those prices. Tracked a Final Edition DB2 on American Ebay that recently sold for only 4900 GBP and a "silver" 1993 DB2 on German ebay that had buy it now at over 9K but failed to make reserve at 3100GBP. Maybe lots of bikes, but not so many buyers, or just folk hoping for a bargain
SB6 in Germany
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250891438020?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Unsold DB2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280734477761?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Sold DB2FE in USA
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170691854213?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
oily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Maybe lots of bikes, but not so many buyers, or just folk hoping for a bargain

Ain't that the truth Wink

The measure of health of the global economy should be the SELLING price of Bimota's as opposed to the asking price Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as in the banking crisis, holders of assets put a far higher price on the actual that can be achieved. Personally i think its "wifies" telling hubbies to shift their bikes, and Oh what a surprise, sorry love, it didn't sell, didn't even get close to the reserve.

Suppose its good news if you have the money to buy, and potentially good news for the poorer amongst us to try and snap a bargain.

So Win, win?
oily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the poorer amongst us I've been trying to "snap up a bargain" for years but it seems the richer amongst us always outbids me Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd jump at the chance to own the half-faired DB2 at NLM - if it was half priced Very Happy
wait until the nights draw in and the temp drops - hopefully prices will follow suit.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on that with the half fairing model. And looking at the FE that sold in USA, land of the rich and glutinous, prices are a tumbling.
Oily? Would that be a personal dig at meself perhaps? Had to raid all my piggy banks, and reach down the back of the sofa to find the last few pennies for my Bims at the time (Well at least the butler did, it can get quite grotty down there, so he tells me).
Taking on 2 Bimotas that have both not been run and stood for 8 years is a total leap of faith and not for the faint-hearted, could have gone either way, total faith had to be put into the seller with "they were both running when I parked them up"
oily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Paranoia?
Twas a dig at no one just a flippant comment about not being able to find a very cheap (4th) Bimota for a winter project Wink
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you did to bad on the last SB6. Think there was a few of us out for that . You just got there first !!
Bit like 2bims , there was a charge down the M40 for those two.
Think I've missed out on 3 ' bargains' this year , but hey, just have to put the pennies in the bank and wait for another santamonica to come up.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paranoia? Only until I get home and find that the garage is still intact and locked up and then I am fine again.
Likewise looking for a Winter Project and have a sniff at a one owner from new DB2, not turned a wheel for 16 years, Ooh Er mrs! That'll do nicely. I find that dragging your bike out and going places has all kind of folks turning up and saying "Oh I've got a mate that has one if these, not used it in the last 15 years" Happened twice so far. Come out, come out whoever you are. I'll be happier when the government issues laptops to pensioners to be able their dues and then perhaps they can get on-line and start selling their beloved possessions to enthusiasts rather than hawking through the nearest wheeler dealer, keen to make a fast buck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: