Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8K and SB8RS Indicator Equivalents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: SB8K and SB8RS Indicator Equivalents Reply with quote

Hi all,
Have found this after some searching....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-PEGASO-BUELL-RIEJU-DERBI-GPR50-SENDA-REAR-LEFT-INDICATOR-7486-/180728394152?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a144071a8#ht_992wt_1163

Its basically the same indicator which Bimota used on the SB8K and the SB8RS. They are a nice option for the SB8R and other Bimota bikes like YB11/SB6R if you feel like a change. Quite low cost too Very Happy compared to what I have seen in the "genuine Bimota spares" category..

Cheers,
Zombie
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the same guy is selling generic Bimota mirrors at a very good rate too...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAGIVA-MITO-SACHS-XTC-MIRRORS-MIRROR-PAIR-LEFT-RIGHT-/130557362520?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e65d34158#ht_1112wt_1163
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirrors are fine, although not for DB2 as they don't have pins they have 2 bolts instead, but a good price. Ohh Err as regards the indicators though.
I have noticed recently a couple of UK listed and addressed companies selling through ebay, and not until you have bought and paid, do you then get communications from MadeInChinaMotorcycleParts. Them Chinese have really hit on the fact you may ignore location of Item as its from China and thus have sprouted fledgling company addresses in the UK, very cunning indeed. Bought some fork seals frm Llexter Ltd based in Devon to then receive such a notice, must read the small print next time. Will I use the seals? Maybe a set of ear rings for the misses?
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point...2Bims but in this case its not China, I believe both items originate from spain by a company called Vicma http://www.vicma.es. The ebay ad say they are OE but I would not have said they are - but I will try and tally up part numbers to confirm.

I have bought a pair of these indicators, they arrived today and they really are ok, they seem to be made out of a more brittle looking, i.e. less forgiving looking plastic than the original and the lens is less of a snug fit, but they look very good for the money £6.99! The lenses are not as smoked as I remember but there again they were ablaze last time I saw them on my bike:lol:

Have seen the real Bimota article at £120 per pair...

Another interesting thing about these ads is that they give the range of bikes the indicators were used on which is very handy for seeking equivalent parts. Here's a verbatim extract from the ads for posterity...please check it before you buy as they might be wrong!!!

>>>
Aprilia Pegaso 600 2001 to 2004

Buell Firebolt XB8R/XB9R/XB12R
Lightning XB8S/XB9S/XB12S/XB12STT/XB9SX
CityX, Ulysses XB12X RSEAS EXTRA

Derbi GPR 50 R, Senda 50 R (up to 2000), Supermotard

Rieju RS1 Evolution, RS2 Matrix 125, SMX 50/125, Spike Sport 50, RR, MRX 50/125
<<<<

>>>>>>
Mirrors...
"VICMA" BRAND ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT

MIRRORS TO FIT

CAGIVA MITO 125/500 & PRIMO 50/80
&
SACHS XTC 125cc 4-STROKE
<<<<<<<<<<

I agree with oily we should have an equivalent parts page. There are many possibility e.g. cagiva raptor rear light seems like an equivalent for YB11/SB6R...Benelli Tornado rear light is an equivalent for DB5 etc etc..YB11/SB6R/SB8/ etc indicators=916 etc. Many other equivalents in wheel bearings, sprokets, wheels, etc etc.
[/url]
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I'm with you on having an euivalent parts section, could Admin add a specific one to the forum? I'm all for sharing the wealth of knwledge out there from everyone. Like Yamaha QR Aero 50 scooter uses the exact same rear light unit bracket and connecting cable, simple plug and play, as the YB11/DB4 and many others. for the YB11 I picked up a carbon fibre effect grey rear unit for the YB11 with red bulbs. Straight bolt on.
Then theres Cagiva Mito 125 for rear disc for practiculary every Bimota Bimota and also the Cagiva Mito rear brembo caliper is the same.
Sachs XTC 125 has the same front headlight as DB2/YB11....etc
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trapeziodal front headlight is a Yamaha fitment
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a unit used on some models of the FZR400, but the twin light unit like on the V-dues is also the same as on a Sachs XTC
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no it isn't, but the unit from the FZR400RR 3TJ will fit. The 400 unit has 2 paralever lamps, whereas the general Yamaha units either had 1 paralever and one fixed or a single H4 lamp.
The 400 unit looks pretty because of the lamps have red paint around them, but the bulbs are special items and cost £17 each

A FZR400RR 3TJ yesterday
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes evil you are correct, and perhaps I should have pointed out, but didn't, is that for anyone needing a new front lamp, in case theirs is missing/cracked etc, is that the FZR400 lamp fits with the same mountings amd the lens fits the fairing aperture also, although correctly this is a twin lamp unit and not the single lamp unit as on the DB2/YB11 that is the same fitment. The sachs XTC 125 is different from the twin lamp FZR unit in that it doesn't have the red ring on the lamps, but is more like the v-due lamp
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know which bulbs the sachs or v-due use ?
400 owners would like something a bit cheaper to replace and also somthing that could maybe have an upgrade to HID bulbs
oily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombie wrote:
Just noticed the same guy is selling generic Bimota mirrors at a very good rate too...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAGIVA-MITO-SACHS-XTC-MIRRORS-MIRROR-PAIR-LEFT-RIGHT-/130557362520?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e65d34158#ht_1112wt_1163

Just bought a pair of these out of curiosity and while I don't think they are Bimota OE they seem to be a very good copy.
Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Do you know which bulbs the sachs or v-due use ?
400 owners would like something a bit cheaper to replace and also somthing that could maybe have an upgrade to HID bulbs

Dug out this link from a Sachs XTC125 forum, not my usual domain I must say
http://projectmotorbikes.com/site/showthread.php?t=464
Hard to establish though whether this is the Sachs XTC version with twin separate units are the "v-due" stlye trapezoidal unit with twin lamos, although it sounds like the latter, Thus H1 and H3, dip and full beam. As far as the v-due goes I',m sure that BimotaNige on the forum could help you
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a pair of Cagiva mirrors for the DB4. And although they fitted, there must be a slight difference because you have to have the mirror fully tilted to see anything. I know , Bimota's are not know for their rear view.

On the light front, FZR400 do fit YB11, but as the buld is centrally mounted on the single, the rhs twin light is hard up against the mounting frame. However, the twin beams do make it look better, and the red ring looks good. Bulbs are a bit expensive.

Oh and other thing , the FZR headlight does not have a side light. But that is easily solved.

Oh and on the subject of the rear light, that is also a BMW GS1200 or F800 and a nice Chinese LED for 16.99 delivered is on ebay. Bought 2 now and v/quick delivery, and other than a few spade connectors, jobs a good one , and at the fraction ok UK prices. Mouldings aren't that bad either.
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as a ex sb8rs owner i have something to add to this topic, if you wan't a cheap led rear light with integrated blinkers search for the scooter rear light " yamaha aerox" this is exactly the same as the sb8 and many other bims. Very Happy
zombie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BC et al,
Great post.

I followed up and bought an aerox carbon rear light cover at £10, plus a chinese stop/tail red LED light bulb. Tested it on my Cagiva XRap and it looks and performs great.

So, bought one for the SB8K and SB8R exactly the same. A snip at £40 total compared to Bimota £unobtainium. Should work for the YB11 too and probably others.

Will post some pictures soon.

Cheers,
Zomb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: