Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Mr Georgio Sartis Bible for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Mr Georgio Sartis Bible for sale Reply with quote

25 years of excellence, slight issue is its in south Africa, but a bargain at what converts to 62 GBP, has some strange method of paying though, strictly for South Africans or people with friends there (like me)

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/21578850/Bimota_25_Years_of_Excellence_N1981.html

Also available on Amazon, at 350GBP or 700GBP, yikes
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm.

I signed up, bid on the book, threw in more than enough to cover postage. Then I came to the payment page! As you mentioned it requires a SA bank account. I've email the seller to see if they can supply payment details to me.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
Mmmm.

I signed up, bid on the book, threw in more than enough to cover postage. Then I came to the payment page! As you mentioned it requires a SA bank account. I've email the seller to see if they can supply payment details to me.

Quite a bargain, let's hope you can actually get it.
Fingers crossed for you Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
Mmmm.

I signed up as well, but mainly to ask for anyone interested what the postage would be to the UK, then as you say it requires a direct bank transfer to SA Bank, reason why, but should have explained, that a friend in South Africa would have been useful. I do have a friend in S. Africa who could perhaps buy if its an issue and then send on, although he's pretty laid back, it could take time. Spent 3 years in South Africa, and they have currency transfer rules, but mainly to stop it going out of the country, should be OK to pay into the country though, check with your bank as they do direct money transfer orders, and should be less than a tenner for this, BACS, etc
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case Laminator is lucky and others feel the need to feed the obsession, and money is no object then.....:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/8879111981/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1317301910&sr=1-1&condition=used

375 squid for one from the UK BUT also signed by the Author, or one from good Ol USA at 750 squid (Not you GeorgeV is it, thinning your collection, if so I'll have a Db1 please....)

Note to self must find how to allocate a pound sign on my keyboard, goddarn yankie laptop, only has dollars!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr Georgio Sartis Bible for sale Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
25 years of excellence, slight issue is its in south Africa, but a bargain at what converts to 62 GBP, has some strange method of paying though, strictly for South Africans or people with friends there (like me)

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/21578850/Bimota_25_Years_of_Excellence_N1981.html

Also available on Amazon, at 350GBP or 700GBP, yikes

So who was the lucky guy? I note from the advert that the listing is now closed. My friend in South Africa is due to go to johannesburg next weekend, and was going to pick it up and then post to UK, anyone on here that got it????
whybeeten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going to Stafford about 7 or 8 years ago and a bookselling guy had one of these on his ''sale'' shelf for about £20 as i recall,i didnt have my bimbo then so i passed on it!,i bought my copy off Amazon Uk about two years ago for £22 believe it or not!...the last one i saw on Ebay went for £160ish last year,looks like i got it at the right time Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widely known as the definititive bible on Bimotas, they are in short supply, 2nd hand only or dusty bookshops where the odd copy is still lying around. Forst and only print run in 1999, wonderful world of Amazon and ebay now mean top prices reached for any that come up for sale. An informative read and handy reference. Wouldn't pay the high prices myself, afterall, I had no idea what was inside the book without having seen one, so always seemed too dear, fortunately girlie bought me one for my last birthday Laughing
Kickstart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Should have bought a few more copies and then paid off the mortgage with the profits. I have a copy to read, but as the binding is of fairly poor quality I bought a 2nd copy for when the first wears out.

All the best

Keith
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

I bought a 2nd copy for when the first wears out.

Keith

Seems like the books acquire the same "my prescious" as the bikes, if people retain spares for when the original parts wear out, all part of the scarcity of knowing no more spares/books being made
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm very poor, I'll have to make do with these (£25 inc p&p)

shame the Bomota Book text is Japanese. Sad
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that Gary, very artistic. Thought that you'd be buying one in Italian though following your recent travels around Italia, and your posts on the Italian Forum, or is that all Google Translate? Pretty limited myself, mostly the swear words, and Nastro Azzuro (Blue Riband), but only because its on the side of my bike and I kept getting asked what it meant
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell never knew they were worth that much,i will be more careful with mine now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: