Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota World superbike footage.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Bimota World superbike footage. Reply with quote

I know this may be seem a bit anorak'ish , but having done a search for Bimota world superbike footage on the net, can't find anything.
Anyone got any or know which Duke dvd's to get ?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is most was before the digital age of cameras, handicams etc, car boot sale of videos may be best bet. To narrow your search, and because I know you don't have the "bible" I will look in the index tonight and list all of the competitions that they listed in, as theres a nice section in there, presumably you are looking for the Santamonica/Gobert running round? Will gladly list the races they took part in to help with your youtube search
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gobert took pole position, a win and a third at Philip Island 2000, weariing No. 501 on His Bimota. Found a clip for you on Youtube, best I could do I'm afriad, but gives you the feeling (tee hee)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXNmf4fBEs
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YB4, after winning the F1TT championship the year before, was entered in the world superbike series when it started in '88.

The first race was held at Donington, (and I was there). The race weekend consisted of two races, with an aggregate being used to decide the winner. Tardozzi rode the YB4 and won the first race, in the second race he wasn't so well placed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN7byPSR0yU

Recently there was the HB4, ridden by 'willie rot' in the moto2 class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: