Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Go on then, who purchased the leathers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Go on then, who purchased the leathers? Reply with quote

Who was it then? Smile

I was bidding on the Bimota leathers on ebay but missed the end of the auction and lost them to someone else.

I'd guess it's a Bimota owner as they're no use to anyone else really.

Anyone on here?

link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300600642396?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT#ht_500wt_1413
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not I said the fly ...
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me neither !!!

Although I'm looking out for a red suit to match my Bim
oily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bid early on but as soon as the bidding got really intense..............
like over £30, I backed down and left it to the rich buggers Laughing
I'll carry on wearing my old waxed cotton Wink
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to £350 Smile They finally went to £355

Thing is with ebay you never know what the other bidder is willing to pay, he could of put in £1000 for all I know. I wasn't going to pay too much for them. I want a full set of leathers for some track days on the FZR400, but I'd look even more of a tit wearing Bim leathers on a Yam. I'd probably of worn them on rare occasions on the road, but would that of been 'a bit too much' ?

There are some one piece leathers, brand new, for £275 that will be good enough for a few track days. I can also wear them while on the Bim's.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250807442313?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had bid on them, but moreover I wish I was 11.5 stone like the previous owner who wore them, but I'd look pretty darn stupid without any legs to get down to that weight
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy 2bims

I'm the opposite, 9 1/2 (with fluids, not dry weight) I thought I could wear a big jumper underneath.
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best thing for you to do is get yourself a quality set of red and white leathers and get the Bimota logo stitched on at exactly where you want it and whatever size. Wearing odd leathers and bike at a track day doesn't matter at all, who cares these days? Just shows you have more then one bike. You can get that in your budget, new in the right size! Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and always best to try the leathers on somewhere on the bike before you purchase, thigh length differs so much from make to make as does the back... risky unless you can return? A retro suit would look great with your bikes but if in doubt may I suggest going for a single colour suit and let the logo provide the design. Black goes with anything but red would work to and i dont see you changing bikes soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: