Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB7 Wanted.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
who

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"(Scotty): I like this ship! You know, It’s exciting!" Smile
oily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this SB7..........
What makes the SB7 (as opposed to a SB6)?
The peaky motor and fuel injection Wink
If you whack a 1100 motor in it, you've turned it into a SB6 and if you whack a carbed 750 motor in it...well...you've turned it into an underpowered SB6 Laughing

Long live the SB6 Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Pompey wrote:
Sad to say if I was stuck on a desert island with just one other person I would rather it be an Aussie or kiwi then the average fat, ignorant, bigoted English moaning lager swilling tracksuit wearing pub-crawling football fan arse hole...

What.........
Not even if I took my Bimota's?
and promised not to wear my tracksuit Laughing

Oily, you get an excuse chit.
djk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree that at 4500euros its on the expensive side given its current state. Im going to the IOM this year and if its still for sale it could still be worth a visit.

Pompey if you could get it at a price you were happy with that wouldnt be a problem for me. Ive waited awhile for one so waiting longer is no issue.

Aussie/Kiwi, its all the same to us kiwis. Although why wasnt Jesus born in Australia? Because they couldnt find three wise men and a virgin. No really we do love our West Island brothers and sisters. Very Happy

Why the SB7? Maybe its the purple paint job? The first Fireblade does it for me as well. All i know is that when i first saw a SB6 i thought what a bike and then i saw a SB7 i thought thats a bike i want. I know the SB6 is a better package but its just not a SB7.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think getting the bike you want is more important then getting the best. I fell for ducati 888,s in 93 at Le Mans 24 hour when they rarely finished the race and rarely came in the top ten. But, just had to have one for the sound, looks and gravitas. Same with the SB6 for me but it was out of my price range til I was older and so was the bike!

Which IOM event you heading to? TT or Manx GP? I am working when TT is on in the states but I can make the Manx ... I have a few close friends racing in both events , just always been to bloody busy to go. Sad
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed we had a number of friends from south of the equator so I thought I would share my technique for finding out if a man is from Australia or New Zealand... You ask them if they would have sex with a twelve year old... If he says no he's a kiwi. If he's Australian he'll ask a twelve year old what?

( justin case you missed it first time around ... )
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored today are we?

Coincidently.....

We were just discussing the possibility of the Manx this year as I'll be (probably) out of work by then.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I feel a plan coming on ...
djk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itll be the TT for me. Ive been 6 times with the last time in 08 so figure its well overdue for a visit.
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look for you in the paddock with Bruce Anstey? He's had 8 wins, might make double figures this year...
djk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Anstey? The guy is an enigma, he can walk around the streets of his hometown and nobody knows who he is but yet you get him in Ireland or the IOM and its a different story. He goes to ground between races on the island i believe so it could be a game of spot the Bruce.
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the TT 3d movie yet? Most of it is about Guy Martin but it does have some great footage. Especially his and Ian Hutchinsons crashes.
Bimotasb7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SB7 is a different bike. There a less than 200 of them. Its true that de bike not delivers what Bimota told us. It was a experimental bike. Its a racing machine. So, not for everyone to drive on. You can not compare this machine, whith a productionmachine
The SB7 is made for the world superbike. Its not just a bike, its evolution. Bimota is not a bike builder, its a kind off art.
oily

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Wink
You are wrong of course.......

I can compare the sb7 with a production machine........The SB6 with which it shares so many parts including the frame, running gear and fairing.
The SB7 is a downgraded SB6, Bimota tried to be clever but failed miserably with some terrible tuning and fuel injection Laughing

i would certainly buy one if i could find one at a sensible price Wink

I presume you have one the way you are defending them........
Pictures please Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of the championship was to be related to production bikes. Which is why they made 200 of them for the road to make them eligible ... The only real race bikes are motogp, I would go further to say they are all 2 strokes which we have now lost due to lefty pinko,s in the environment asylum section of motor sport. Farting cows make more green house gasses then all motorbikes have ever made in the whole of their history.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: