Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB7 Wanted.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bimotasb7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine of the SB6 is a standard GSX-R1100 engine.
The engine of SB7 is a modified version of the GSX 750 sp. Normally 118 hp. The modified version has 132 hp and is made of magnesium.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good. Welcome to the forum, have you had the 7 long?
Bimotasb7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still the owner of SB7. I have it now about 7 years. I have many problems with the adjustment of the injection. Lots of information and knowledge of this machine has been lost. Bimota went bankrupt multiple times.
It is difficult to find good information. And when you start searching the forums, you will not hear the answers.
All my friends call the SB7 a problem case. But this view changed after they have ridden.
The engine is running below 5000 rpm bad. Above 5000 rpm it runs smoothly beautiful.
Above 10,000 rpm starts the party. Only, good asphalt and many curves. Cool
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that you keep trying to get it right instead of giving up. I loved the sb6 and high revving 750 would suit me to the ground. How have you tried to fix so far?
Bimotasb7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I hear from the experts the problem is the adjustment of the injection. Perhaps the injection itself is the problem? Injection on a motorcycle was new and under development.
The setting in the chip are not good. A solution must be developed. This takes time and money.
I search the Internet for possible solutions and accept the situation. Sometimes you get lucky someone has information. Several years ago I could buy a chip with other adjustments.

Do you know an owner who does not have this problem?
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you not fit a power commander and remap? I am not to mech minded but you should be able to fit one on most injection systems?
oily

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or better still......
A complete injection system such as mega squirt with gsxr throttle bodies etc Wink
trev45

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this thread
1- All GP bikes are or were two strokes
2- The VDUE is ok and no EFI problems at all just needed to fix it right thats all and yes it is all standed in every way (the one I ride)
3- I love Bimota's why, well most make do or live with or redo what ever makes it work for them , we never give up they are so great too look at and ride big breath and ahhhhh guys back to the chat

Trev
djk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pompey"]have you seen the TT 3d movie yet? Most of it is about Guy Martin but it does have some great footage. Especially his and Ian Hutchinsons crashes.[/quote]

Yip i have seen the movie, not too sure about the 3D tho, not sure it needed it. Otherwise a very good movie, it was Connor Cummins crash that made me cringe the most, couldnt believe somebody could have survived that let alone be riding again.
djk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think at the end of the day a complete engine/carb swap will be the best solution. Will it still be a SB7? In my eyes of course it will be, in fact it would probably be a better road bike for it. I dont need 120+ horsepower to get my jollies on the road or track, i need useable power and a standard not sp motor will easily do the job.

My YB11 is the mile muncher, 30k miles and still going strong so see the 7 as more of a want bike than a need. At the very worst ill park it up in the lounge and ogle it very often. Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djk wrote:
I still think at the end of the day a complete engine/carb swap will be the best solution. Will it still be a SB7? In my eyes of course it will be, in fact it would probably be a better road bike for it.

your absolutely spot on and don't let the purists tell you any different. Wink

It would turn it into a cracking USABLE bike Wink

We would then be able to call it a SB67 or SB76 Laughing
husson73

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev45 wrote:
I love this thread
1- All GP bikes are or were two strokes
2- The VDUE is ok and no EFI problems at all just needed to fix it right thats all and yes it is all standed in every way (the one I ride)
3- I love Bimota's why, well most make do or live with or redo what ever makes it work for them , we never give up they are so great too look at and ride big breath and ahhhhh guys back to the chat

Trev
my V due with modified indirect injection doesn't work right at low range and still too much petrol at middle range, how is yours Question
djk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money has cleared at last, am actively looking now but cant seem to decide if i should stay with the SB7 plan or purchase a SB8, seems to be a few around in the UK and one in the states that looks good. I guess ill see what develops.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB8r for 5,750 here :

http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/Stock%20List%20.htm

thats not a bad price for what it is...
djk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad price at all, i actually emailed him a couple of hours ago to get a quote on shipping it over here. In 04 it cost me 550pound to ship the YB11 home so im expecting 750-1000 for shipping. With the excellent(for me) exchange rate i think it does represent good value. Theres also one at Route 65 but at 9k its just alittle too expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: