Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB7 Wanted.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: SB7 Wanted. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I had a chance to buy a SB7 in 2001 but due to timing issues with me going home it never happened. I would still like to have one in the garage so im putting out the feelers that im looking for one. Im seeing three for sale, two in the UK and one in Germany. The German one is not the colour scheme im looking for and the heavily modified one in the UK is too heavily modified for me, the other UK one looks very nice but form experience and reading this forum it seems to be expensive. If i had a preferance im looking for an original one with the purple splashes, running or not as im sure i could sort that out. At the moment im only putting the feelers out as the money i intend to use clears in Jan/Feb next year but after that i will be actively looking to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated and you can be sure that the bike will have a very good home here in NZ.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have to be the SB7 ?, the SB6 is more common and has an easier motor to live with
djk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done the research and would have to agree that the SB6 would be easier to live with but for some reason the SB7 does it for me, i realise it has certain issues but thats part of the charm. I have a YB11 thats my everyday bike(30000 miles and climbing) and would like the SB7 as my weekend/occasional ride bike. I even thought about a SB8 as i do like the big twins but after 10 years of SB7 wanting its a hard thing to shake.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play then.

If you want a bike looked at then just say, I'm sure somebody will help out
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/motoren-en-scooters/motoren-overige-merken/bimota-sb7-93694541.html

This one is in holland Let me know if you're interested i will contact this guy,

Kind regards johan
djk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that, being on the other side of the world can sometimes be a pain.
djk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the link and yes that is definitely what i would be looking for, unfortunately the money i intend to use doesnt clear until Jan/feb so its a bit too early for me to be looking at, exactly what im looking for tho.

Cheers

Duncan
djk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just in case this Jan/Feb money thing sounds dodgy ill explain, my Father passed away in April and due to laws in this country it takes awhile for the money to be released, they have said middle of January but to me that means probably more like Febuary. My Father rode motorbikes for most of his life and that rubbed of on me. I figure using some of the money to buy a bike that ive wanted for awhile would be a very good use of it.
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi duncan,
I am sorry about your father...
If he was a bike lover indeed then the best thing is to collect a good bimota as you mentioned.
I will check out the one i send a link, when i am in the area of the seller ( i don't mind to test a sb7 so no big deal at all Very Happy
The bike is for sale for 1,5 year now ( i know because i always look if there are new bimotas on the dutch market) so no rush...bimota market is worthless here in holland. I will find out the asking price of the seller.
And if there are any major problems with this bike ( sb7 is a bike which needs special interest so hopefully this one is taken care of).
Hope my english is understandable.
If not...please let me know so i can explain what i ment.

Kind regards johan
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few I found in Europe.

http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/moto/ancona-annunci-jesi/bimota-sb7/16059817

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=117247721&__lp=4&scopeId=MB&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3400&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Motorbike&segment=Motorbike&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&lang=en&pageNumber=3
djk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the links, i actually thought it was going to be a struggle to find one but with this forums help its become alot easier.
djk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johan,

Your english is spot on and any help you can offer will be most appreciated. If the bike has been for sale for awhile that could be good for me due to the timing involved. Im sure a test ride would be a very good idea, i just wish i could be doing it as well.
Again many thanks for your help and ill look forward to hearing from you.

Duncan
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi duncan,

Bad news and good news.

Good news is that i've ridden on the sb7.
Bad news that it looked ok, but when i drove away it took about 5 minutes to conclude that it was the worst bimota i have ever met.

Something was wrong with the ignition, at low revs the engine switched off and you had to restart the engine.
At high revs there was no problem at all.
So if you are living next to a motorway you can drive without any problem...as soon as you have to reduce speed something is going wrong with the electronics.

The owner also noticed this incident and he placed a different ignition wich also reduced the bike with minus 20 bhp.
And that ignition was placed at the time when i did the test ride....so i wouldn't even wan't to know how the bike acts with the even worse ignition.

My opinion is, this bike is a no go or does anyone with sb7 experiences a solution for this?

Too bad, because it indeed is a lovely bike.
Well hopefully i didn't dissapoint you on this too much.
If i find a another sb7 of course i would let you know.
And test it of course Very Happy

Kind regards johan,
djk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the test ride, electrics wise it does seem like bad news but that might not be too bad.

Ive done research on SB7s and the main complaints are a peaky motor and poor fueling thanks to the fuel injection being not that great. GSXR750s of the same vintage are quite cheap over here so doing a carbed motor swap and replacing all the electrics from donor bike is still an option. A project bike for my winter does appeal to me, ive got a Gilera Saturno stripped in my living room that is my summer project.

So my next question is do you know how much money he wants for it?

Cheers

Duncan
oily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it would upset the purists but that's exactly what I'd do........
Whack a carbed, 750 lump in it and make it work properly much like happened to most vdue's Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: