Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Servicing Mantra forks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Servicing Mantra forks Reply with quote

Hi

Going to do the oil etc on my Mantra forks. They are in good nick, seals are fine. I've found a manual online for the Paioli RSU41 forks. They seem similar to mine, but not the same, as mine have adjusters top and bottom, and the RSU41 forks only have adjustment on the top - compression on one, rebound on the other.

Does anyone have a manual covering my forks? Failing that, just recommended settings top and bottom, and an air gap? The above manual says 190mm, so if I can't find anything else I will try that.

thanks in advance

Robin
oily

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any good to you Robin?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-YB9-Mantra-Paioli-RSU43-Gabelfedern-vorne-neu-/360403271259?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item53e9b57e5b

Wink
deebee4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Servicing Mantra forks Reply with quote

robin wrote:
Hi

Going to do the oil etc on my Mantra forks. They are in good nick, seals are fine. I've found a manual online for the Paioli RSU41 forks. They seem similar to mine, but not the same, as mine have adjusters top and bottom, and the RSU41 forks only have adjustment on the top - compression on one, rebound on the other.

Does anyone have a manual covering my forks? Failing that, just recommended settings top and bottom, and an air gap? The above manual says 190mm, so if I can't find anything else I will try that.

thanks in advance

Robin

Don't know where you live, but I've got a spare Paioli RSU 43 maintenance manual for you, so please PM me and we'll find a way to get you the correct manual. Remember that for dismantling the forks (get the cartridges out and renew bushes & seals) you need the special toolkit.

Just make sure that you rinse the forks out completely pumping the damping rod, until clear oils comes out. Then fill with the correct amount of Bell Ray 10W fork oil.

I do service my db4 forks myself and provided you have a precise and relaxed working attitude this can be a DIY job.

Last edited by deebee4 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
robin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Still need a manual Reply with quote

Hi

DeeBee4 has, err, a DB4 - the forks are different. Can anyone help on a manual for a MANTRA? Thanks for the link on Ebay - it does look like the right one, but a lot of cash for a manual, as I don't need the springs. I've got the forks off now, and have drained around 260ml of oil from each one. Unless I hear better, I guess I'll just put the same amount back in, but I'd like to know the correct filling method.

Robin
deebee4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Still need a manual Reply with quote

robin wrote:
Hi

DeeBee4 has, err, a DB4 - the forks are different. Can anyone help on a manual for a MANTRA? Thanks for the link on Ebay - it does look like the right one, but a lot of cash for a manual, as I don't need the springs. I've got the forks off now, and have drained around 260ml of oil from each one. Unless I hear better, I guess I'll just put the same amount back in, but I'd like to know the correct filling method.

Robin

The manual that comes with the new springs is the same for all the RSU43 forks including the Mantra and the db4 forks. Also describes the upgrade with the spring preload adjuster and the compression damping adjuster.

I'll make a digital copy (.pdf file) available soon.
robin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: I just need to know how much oil to put in Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know? I'm doing the job today.

thanks

Robin
deebee4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scanned and saved the Paioli RSU43 manual as a .pdf file. It's over 11 Mb, so if anybody could host it that would be nice.

If you want a copy for your own private use and your mailbox can handle the size of the file PM me.
Uros

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I can scan it under 10 mb, so it can be sent by e-mail. Just say the word and I can help with this one...
polyesterpig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a oil change on a set of usd43 forks on a db4. What does the manual say about the fork oil level? The usd41 manual says 190mm from top and the usd46 manual says 180mm from top? Any help would be appreciated!
2010 Ducati Hypermotard evo SP
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosto
polyesterpig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks deebee4 for the info! Big help. It ended up being 190mm per the manual for the RSU43 fork.
2010 Ducati Hypermotard evo SP
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: