Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Marco Simoncelli RIP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trev45

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Marco Simoncelli RIP Reply with quote

Racing is that sometimes not always good times but we will remember the good times that's for shore

He was a racer a world champion RIP mate

Trev
oily

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not Marco?

He's been the best entertainment in motogp for this season.

If it's true......

RIP Marco

Crying or Very sad
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad gutted. One mans life should be of no greater importance then any other. We waste so much as a race in pointless conflicts and needless starvation through corruption, cruelty and greed. But, when a man like that is taken who raises himself above so many risking so much and with so much more to give us all it is a bitter pill to take indeed...
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this unfortunate loss this AM and immediately found a link to it on YouTube (MotoGP.com) footage. If you look at the video you can see that Marco low-sided to the long left outside of the turn. His bike somehow kept traction under power with Marco wedged between the asphalt and the bike (pinned?) and was dragged along for the ride back onto the track and crossed the path of Edwards' front tire which then made contact with Marco's neck/spine and the helmet flew off. I do not agree with 3 things:

(1) that this was unavoidable: after speaking with someone very knowledgable that watched this race live - the subject of a "shut-off" tether being fitted to all MotoGP bikes so that if a rider's hand comes away from the throttle a pre-determined distance - the bike's power is cut. The FIM would have to allow for a 3-5 lb. starter motor to be fitted to each bike to facilitate re-starts if the pin is pulled by accident, or for a gravel trap tip over re-start, etc. IMHO, this accident could have been avoided and a life saved.

(2) it was reported (and seen on video) that Marco's helmet flew off his head at impact. I feel that helmet manufacturers need to completely re-design the way a hemet strap is "SEWN" in to the rest of the helmet and should be manufactured as a one-piece modular strap that ties in structurally to the unit, and;

(3) did the "anti-contact" bar that comes out from the bike's throttle-side bar-end to protect another rider from tapping the brake lever, somehow act like a HOOK and take Marco along by the glove? Again, the design of these parts should be looked into by FIM.

My condolences to Marco's family, and my above thoughts to FIM.
fish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Very sad day. he was a great racer RIP Marco
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad day that's for sure.

rip.
MARTIN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great loss to Gp racing, "sideshow bob" was one of the real characters
that made GP racing

Most forms of motorsport are inherently dangerous, more so when speeds
are in the 200 mark . Risks can be reduced but never totally illiminated
there will always be a "freak" or "that should not have happened" event

When I went racing, what scared me was, not coming off myself, but
someone else hitting me

Marco, you wil always be a hero,mate

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absoloutely gutting and horrific to watch and feared the worst when i saw his helmet had come off..............

cant understand some of the commentary saying he was conscious in the med centre as that simply gave me (and no doubt millions of others) hope that a tragedy had been averted

a very sad day, and only a week after Dan Wheldon lost his life in Indy car.................

cant begin to think how Gresini must feel now having lost TWO shining stars
CBar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that he was trying to save the slide and then caught traction too quickly. I don't think his helmet flew off...more like Rossi's front wheel took it off. It was terrible.

Here's a great article written by Kevin Schwantz.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Oct/111024-34-rip-sic.htm
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the crash I don't think Rossi actually hit him, but I think the impact of Edwards bike probably killed him. I don't think his helmet coming off was the cause of his death nor do I think it would have helped if it had stayed on.
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were some pretty horrific and graphic pictures that i had the misfortune to encounter in one of the papers (from what i can tell they were used in a few) and showed the crash from the front which appeared to show Sic trapped between both Edwards and Rossi's bikes.......................

absoloutely disgusted that these are allowed to be printed
deebee4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeV wrote:
I heard about this unfortunate loss this AM and immediately found a link to it on YouTube (MotoGP.com) footage. If you look at the video you can see that Marco low-sided to the long left outside of the turn. His bike somehow kept traction under power with Marco wedged between the asphalt and the bike (pinned?) and was dragged along for the ride back onto the track and crossed the path of Edwards' front tire which then made contact with Marco's neck/spine and the helmet flew off. I do not agree with 3 things:

(1) that this was unavoidable: after speaking with someone very knowledgable that watched this race live - the subject of a "shut-off" tether being fitted to all MotoGP bikes so that if a rider's hand comes away from the throttle a pre-determined distance - the bike's power is cut. The FIM would have to allow for a 3-5 lb. starter motor to be fitted to each bike to facilitate re-starts if the pin is pulled by accident, or for a gravel trap tip over re-start, etc. IMHO, this accident could have been avoided and a life saved.

(2) it was reported (and seen on video) that Marco's helmet flew off his head at impact. I feel that helmet manufacturers need to completely re-design the way a hemet strap is "SEWN" in to the rest of the helmet and should be manufactured as a one-piece modular strap that ties in structurally to the unit, and;

(3) did the "anti-contact" bar that comes out from the bike's throttle-side bar-end to protect another rider from tapping the brake lever, somehow act like a HOOK and take Marco along by the glove? Again, the design of these parts should be looked into by FIM.

My condolences to Marco's family, and my above thoughts to FIM.

my $ 0,50: 1: looked as if Marco was holding the twist grip trying to save/control the bike in some kind of way. We've seen this kinds of slides more , due to the grip that still is there on extreme lean angles, even in a lowsider. Normally these experts can steer the bike into the gravel/grass, pick it up and continue the race.This time things went terribly wrong because he came across the race line just when 2 fellow riders were riding practically side by side. But some kind of device that shuts off the power at certain - already lost - situations might be an idea.

2: If the helmet didn't came loose, something else would've come loose with it.....

3.: Nope, the bar did prevent the actuation of the front brake during the slide, preventing a tumble or more drastic movements of the bike.

Marco will be missed, he was a great person and a fantastic rider.

Last edited by deebee4 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the Ducati trucks at Valencia this w/end.................

http://lockerz.com/s/152852235
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man of the year

MCN ! marco simmoncelli!

as it was just to note, he lost balance,foot slipped off the peg-hung onto the throttle as he was dragged along at steady speed- edwards hit his back,whilst rossie tried to go around two obsticles hitting marcos helmet ,forcing it to crush into his bike,splitting at the chinstrap anchor point-which was then instantly yanked from his head on initial impact, he would still be here today,if he had just careered off track .he sustained a brain injury,and other complications resulting in his passing!

rip sim! Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: