Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

NEW 2012 Tesi 3D Evoluzione

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: NEW 2012 Tesi 3D Evoluzione Reply with quote

I have been on the bimota.it site and downloaded a real surprise under the Tesi 3D E specifications sheet.

Let's see who get's it right.

What has changed?

Very Happy
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the colour........... Laughing
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/uploadimagedisplay.php?imageid=720AX4377[/img]
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try that again….

http://www.bimota.it/root/img/pool/pdfs_technische_daten_it/tesi3d_it.pdf

For those of you that missed it… the front suspension has changed dramatically. The front arm now has a shock and mount similar to the rear swing arm.

Ciao,

George

[img]http://www.bimota.it/root/img/pool/pdfs_technische_daten_it/tesi3d_it.pdf[/img] [/img]
waggy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking that new front end at all, seems like a cost cutting measure to reduce production costs. The orignal front seems to flow better with the lines of the bike.
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waggy wrote:
Not liking that new front end at all, seems like a cost cutting measure to reduce production costs. The orignal front seems to flow better with the lines of the bike.

I agree completely; the first generation Tesi 3D and 3D LE has a much much better and cleaner look. The new front shock and swinging arm looks out of place, like it was not well thought out and just put there.

I think that cost cutting may be one reason. Another might be peoples fears around air/oil springless suspension systems. At least with the new front shock being a conventional system, allows the owner and almost any dealer to adjust, service, repair, and or modify the front suspension. With the original air-oil springless pull actuated ExtremeTech shock, all one can do is make simple adjustments.

I have had air suspensions on many of my bikes and personally I really like them alot especially newer systems like the French made Fournales. I do know that alot of riders/owners are afraid of springless systems because they are unconventional, and if/when one fails and looses air, the shock fails completely. With a regular metal spring shock, if the damper fails and looses oil, at least the spring still works to let you limb to the closest help.

I think that BIMOTA made a mistake with this newer front suspension but I think it might actually stimulate more sales of the Tesi model for the reasons I state above.

Ill be keeping my Tesi 3D LE however Smile

DAO
waggy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Dao,

Completely agree, I love the current shock and have no problems with its design. The only plus point to the new design is slightly easier maintenance, in that one can now remove the oil strainer without having to remove the shock. I wonder if bimota were worried about the old shock why they could not have fitted a conventional shock in the same position and avoid the extra bracing on the front swingarm and new shock location which are an eyesore to me, and I for one wont be swapping my Tesi either.
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont own a Tesi but I do like the new look. It adds a certain symmetry I like and wouldn't put me off...
daotoys1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
I dont own a Tesi but I do like the new look. It adds a certain symmetry I like and wouldn't put me off...

I agree that having the front shock mounted at an angle on the front swingarm does give symmetry with respect to matching or mirroring the rear swingarm and shock. And this does look pretty unique. If the Tesi 3D first generation bike had not come out I think that I would also like this look;

However; the asymmetry of the first generation Tesi 3D I like better. Having the emptiness above the front wheel with out having any suspension showing attached to the front end gives the bike a surreal futuristic look. Its almost like the front end is floating out in front of the bike almost like antigravity or magic in visual effect.

For whatever reasons BIMOTA decided to change the front end, I am glad that the bike keeps the forkless double swingarms at least.

What I wish they had done would be to also hide the rear shock so that both the front and rear of the bike was suspended in air with nothing above either the front or the rear wheel. Now that would have been a move forward. Unfortunately I see the new 2nd gen Tesi 3D E as a step backward in its design . Sad

Of course this is just my own opinion.

Will I buy one of the new ones??? I dont think so. I would however buy another of the first gen Tesi 3D bikes .....

Happy Holidays
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: