Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

How many were built?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will never be worth less or worthless as they are one of the most iconic bikes/bimotas ever and of course, they have the correct amount of cylinders Wink

the less worth they are, the more I can have Laughing
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Wherever you read that Brian......... Rolling Eyes

I've read several different figures and your 1144 is possibly one of the highest figures.
Unfortunately, I think these figures are all guesstimates and I base that statement on the fact that I am at this moment re-building SB6 number 1230
Laughing

i have 1261 !
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with young Luke and Joda on a few things here.
Firstly, it would appear bimota made a batch of frames , and then a little man sat in the corner and numbered them all and put them in a create. So number one is at the bottom and number 500 is at the top, So which one gets built first ??? Not number one thats for sure. My SB6 is one of the first registered in the UK, and guess what , the frame number is 517 . You telling me that in sept 1994 they had made half of all sb6's, I guess not.
My DB4 is number 16, but was not registered till 2000 , yet they started building them in 1998, and my spare brand new db4 frame is 114, so you telling me they only built 113 DB4's, maybe as total numbers are hard to find, or maybe 114 was just left at the bottom of the box .
The SB6 is also by far one of the most iconic Bimota's, as proved by its popularity and amount produced. But how many are left in existance ?? I too like master Joda have a spare frame and swinging arm hanging in the garage, in fact I have a few others keeping it company also.

They are not just numbers ??? they are all individuals.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooo, I'm looking for a SB6 swinger, Got a spare you might be looking to get rid of?
oily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimsb6 wrote:
oily wrote:
Wherever you read that Brian......... Rolling Eyes

I've read several different figures and your 1144 is possibly one of the highest figures.
Unfortunately, I think these figures are all guesstimates and I base that statement on the fact that I am at this moment re-building SB6 number 1230
Laughing

i have 1261 !

I also have 1248 Wink

Perhaps we should start our own register, might attract more members Wink
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ooooooo, I'm looking for a SB6 swinger, Got a spare you might be looking to get rid of?

Sorry old boy but like to keep spares just in case. May never use them, but then again if I needed one would never be able to get any more.
crankcase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: chassis plates Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
And then of course theres companies in Germany manufacturing and selling the attached as below:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300627904814?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

Absolutely identical to my frame plate, all you need do is letter punch the requisite details in to the plate, and you don't even have to follow a straight line, that way it would be indistinguishable from the original

I know what you mean, but I was very happy to get one of these as my wifes YB4 came with all papers but the chassis plate had gone! my tip though: don't stamp it or the plate will deform and curl up- I had my plate engraved- went to the locksmith with a pic of another plate as a sample and choose a very similar but slightly smaller font- looks excellent. And I'm very sure the bike is kosha with all the history and stuff that came with it; now registered in Brigitte's name. Might even get round to pop rivetting it on some day.
Ian
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: chassis plates Reply with quote

crankcase wrote:
my tip though: don't stamp it or the plate will deform and curl up- I had my plate engraved- went to the locksmith with a pic of another plate as a sample and choose a very similar but slightly smaller font- looks excellent. And I'm very sure the bike is kosha with all the history and stuff that came with it; now registered in Brigitte's name. Might even get round to pop rivetting it on some day.
Ian

All that effort and finished with pop rivets ... I'd use an adhesive
oily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd fit rivnuts in the frame and then use posh, stainless polished bolts Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
I'd fit rivnuts in the frame and then use posh, stainless polished bolts Laughing

You kind of have to use rivets, the plate on the Db2 has 2 holes predrilled in it, even the re manufactured ones, that match up to the two holes in the tubular frame, and then of course its tubing so the frame plate has to be bent around to fit the shape. Use all the glue you want, but rivets mean it can't be so easily prised off by some Oike or at least they'll try if they dont see any rivets

Oh and Welcome Mr Franfurt, piccies please of the tricolor, other than the little tiny one. The name Brigitte seems familiar, shes not the Briggite Goetling of Biker lady on Ebay is she, or have I heard the name for Bimota Enthusiasts newsletters? Anyhow, welcome
CBar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
I also have 1248 Wink

Perhaps we should start our own register, might attract more members Wink

I have 004 and it's a '96 model. Rolling Eyes
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: piccies and stuff Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
oily wrote:

You kind of have to use rivets, the plate on the Db2 has 2 holes predrilled in it, even the re manufactured ones, that match up to the two holes in the tubular frame, and then of course its tubing so the frame plate has to be bent around to fit the shape. Use all the glue you want, but rivets mean it can't be so easily prised off by some Oike or at least they'll try if they dont see any rivets

Oh and Welcome Mr Franfurt, piccies please of the tricolor, other than the little tiny one. The name Brigitte seems familiar, shes not the Briggite Goetling of Biker lady on Ebay is she, or have I heard the name for Bimota Enthusiasts newsletters? Anyhow, welcome

hi 2bims
motivated by your rebuild post, I'm planning to post my rebuild pics, even if I haven't got a tenth of what you've posted, test pic first of all.
Brigitte is not Brigitte Goettling, but I wouldn't mind her spares stock.
After Glen and 7 other enthusiast club members came over last year for the international meeting- you might have read Brigittes name in connection with cakes and coffee? as they all stopped by at ours on the way.
chassis plates- I think were pop rivetted, I'll have another look, try to be original
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: tricky picky Reply with quote

as requested by 2bims, a nice pic of the tricolore, which I was planning to do but didn't get round to.
In the early morning sunshine just before spinning off to the Schottenring historic races in August with Andrew (AR bimota) John and Howard who came over for a few days.
Now that I've sussed picture downloading, I'll stick a few more in the DB group or even the YB group too.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
oily wrote:

Ah, yes, tube.........
I was sort of thinking a proper frame such as, I don't know, perhaps an SB6 Laughing

I think all the chassis plates are the same across the range Wink
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
2bims wrote:
oily wrote:

Ah, yes, tube.........
I was sort of thinking a proper frame such as, I don't know, perhaps an SB6 Laughing

I think all the chassis plates are the same across the range Wink

Yes I noticed that design defect too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: