Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB2 Owner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Desmo_Demon"]
Desmo_Demon wrote:

I will state that removing the FCR's from the bike the first time is an absolute pain the butt! It took me a while to figure out how to get them out of the frame. Rolling Eyes

Doh. If you had removed the top engine fixing bolt from the frame you would find that the engine tilts quite nicely to allow easy removal of carbs, but disconnect the rear silencer cans and link pipe first
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
Float bowls, seats, needles, and the carbs in general are spotless and look like new. I did discover that one float was set at 9 mm and the other was 5 mm. Shocked

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Not fixed. Still pissing gas out the overflow. Mad NOt too sure what I'll do now since everything looked clean, shiney, and new. Maybe I'll replace the float needle and seats just to be on the safe side, first (has "2.0" marked on the seats).

2bims wrote:
Underneath the swing arm on that side, close to the pivot point you should find a tapped hole. This is to mount a "p" clip to clamp the hose down,

Good to know! I was looking at it earlier trying to think of ways to secure it better. The brake line is rubbing against the rearset. I was looking at some of that coiled, plastic line covers at the auto parts store that I could wrap around it, too. It's the type like what I see on some bike's rear shock remote reservoir line.

2bims wrote:
Doh. If you had removed the top engine fixing bolt from the frame you would find that the engine tilts quite nicely to allow easy removal of carbs, but disconnect the rear silencer cans and link pipe first

It's easier than that. I was able to remove the K&N pod filters, pull the carbs off intake boots after disconnecting the throttle cables, remove the rubber intake boot on the shifter side of the bike (left if sitting on it), and I was able to slide the carbs through that opening between the carb rails and the intake manifold.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Desmo_Demon"]
Desmo_Demon wrote:
It's easier than that. I was able to remove the K&N pod filters, pull the carbs off intake boots after disconnecting the throttle cables, remove the rubber intake boot on the shifter side of the bike (left if sitting on it), and I was able to slide the carbs through that opening between the carb rails and the intake manifold.

Oh well I'm glad it was as easy as that.
Here below is the way that the remote shock link is normally routed inside the frame, and it normally has the plastic sheathing that you are talking about to stop the stainless steel sheathing chaffing against the shock spring.

I bought mine from the likes of RadioShack/Tandy, its listed as cable tidy, probably cheaper than from a motor supplier, I recollect it was 3 GBP, only problem being what do I do with the remaining 5.5metres of the stuff!

This is how mine used to look for the rear brake line before I fitted my missing P clip, when you tighten the P clip you can fix it to an angle so that the rear brake line doesn't rub on either the swingarm or footpeg hanger (the little cable tie visible is now not needed)
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Not fixed. Still pissing gas out the overflow. Mad NOt too sure what I'll do now since everything looked clean, shiney, and new. Maybe I'll replace the float needle and seats just to be on the safe side, first (has "2.0" marked on the seats).

It took nearly a week to find anyone who wanted to sell the float needles and when I did, there was over a week delay for him to get them from the supplier. It took far too long to get them in, but I did change the float needles and never had it leak a drop of gas in over 15 minutes of having the tank petcock turned on. I haven't started the bike, yet though.

On a positive note, I'm getting really good at squeezing the carb assembly out of the bike from between the frame rails and intake manifolds. Razz

I'm looking to finally getting to ride it again. If the weather keeps up the way it has been, I may pull the forks and change out the fluid in them.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not fixed. Still pissing gas out the overflow. NOt too sure what I'll do now since everything looked clean, shiney, and new. Maybe I'll replace the float needle and seats just to be on the safe side, first (has "2.0" marked on the seats).

It took nearly a week to find anyone who wanted to sell the float needles and when I did, there was over a week delay for him to get them from the supplier. It took far too long to get them in, but I did change the float needles and never had it leak a drop of gas in over 15 minutes of having the tank petcock turned on. I haven't started the bike, yet though.

Will be interested if this cures your leaking issue permanently, as my YB11 FCR's occasionally seem to piss fuel out of the overflow even though I have stripped , cleaned and reset everything. Problem is intermittant on mine though.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Will be interested if this cures your leaking issue permanently, as my YB11 FCR's occasionally seem to piss fuel out of the overflow even though I have stripped , cleaned and reset everything. Problem is intermittant on mine though.

I rode the bike 150 miles (240 km) today and no issues with gasoline leaking any more. I hope this is a long-term solution. Now, I just have to pay a little more attention to the kind of gas I put in it and prefer to find ethanol-free gas for it. It seems that ethanol tends to do all sorts of bad things to gaskets, o-rings, and other components in fuel delivery systems.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I rode the bike 150 miles (240 km) today and no issues with gasoline leaking any more.

Thanks Desmo , looks like a new set of float needles for me then, hopefully the last issue cleared and getting the YB running properly again.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Thanks Desmo , looks like a new set of float needles for me then, hopefully the last issue cleared and getting the YB running properly again.

Well, another 200 miles (320 km) and no gas leaking. I did manage to pretty much finish toasting the front tire on the DB2. Razz
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
Well, another 200 miles (320 km) and no gas leaking. I did manage to pretty much finish toasting the front tire on the DB2. Razz

Another 150 miles (240 km) yesterday and still no leaking, so I'm assuming it is cured. I also finsihed off the front tire. I have a couple more sets of tires arriving this week.
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing stick a helmet cam on desmo, the lack of riding kills us euro's in the winter!
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Laughing stick a helmet cam on desmo, the lack of riding kills us euro's in the winter!

We've had a very mild winter this year. We haven't even had the first snow, yet - but we usually only get 2 or 3 a year. I can typically ride all-year here.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh Yeh DD, just rub it in why don't yeh. We either have snow, or if it isn't snowing its raining, and on the days when theres neither and the sun is in the skies, its so blinking freezing that theres ice all over your favourite bends, braking and acceleration points.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Yeh Yeh DD, just rub it in why don't yeh.

Last Friday I was off work and took the bike out for a little while. It was sunny, roads were dry, and it was 70-degrees F (21 C). Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
its so blinking freezing that theres ice all over your favourite bends, braking and acceleration points.

Do people actually use braking and acceleration points on the road? I just use the force young skywalker Laughing

As for ice.....well, it just helps with the rear wheel steering Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats interesting because there is a similarity with yoda Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: