Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB2 Owner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like my upbringing, parents got me the best they could afford and I learnt to look after it and improve when I could, still recall my father maling us a sledge for the winter that was made from the door of the old outside toilet. Said Sledge was later converted to a go-kart with the addition of old pram wheels from a scrap yard and a plastic "bucket" seat from an office...Ah them they were the days Eh?

The plaque in Germany is the only place I've ever seen selling them, they are always blank, you simply use nail punch stamps, with the number and letters to make the serial number on the plaque, simples, most hardware/engineering shops would have had them.

Finished articles look like this if you need to copy the font, the plaques on ebay are exact replicas I have to say as I scanned and compared them, though maybe I might get one as a "dog tag" Laughing The numbers are shortened from that on the headstock, thus just DB2 and the series No of the bike
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pulled the fairing off the bike, hit the starter button so I could check the voltage at the starter, and.......the Effer started. Shocked Evil or Very Mad I tried it at least 15 times during a two hour period before we pulled the fairing off the bike. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Now I don't know if it will ever act up on me while I'm away from home. I'm going to clean the starter post and put some dielectric grease on it.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that Desmo, It gave me a good laugh late on a Sunday night, you gotta love Italian electrics they're like "Mistresses"... demand all your attention by playing up, you give them the attention they ask for, and Oh, no, theres nothing wrong, they just wanted you to play with them and give your time... I try to balance between each bike, if one gets something extra or something done, then I follow onto another or it then starts playing up. I don;t know how those Americans with 10 wives manage, it would put me in an early grave for sure!
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally had soem nice weather and had the time to ride, so I pulled the Db2 out, hit the button, and "click". Evil or Very Mad The Effer did it to me, again! I showed it, though, I pulled out the 748 and took it for a spin.

I didn't even mess with the DB2 when I got home. I simply pushed it into the corner and installed the rebuilt shock and installed a fan over-ride switch on the GSXR. I may pull the fairing on the Bimota and try to figure out what's wrong in the next few days. I'm hoping that maybe it's just a bad cable. I really don't feel like going through all that work to pull the starter off the bike.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel for you Desmo, and thanks again for assistance on fitting Oil temperature gauge, the screw in connector with sludge filter finally arrived last week and has now been duly fitted, clothes back on and out for a spin, A newly fitted and functioning temperature gauge, most pleased. Although as I expected it runs at a higher temp than my other Bim and Ducs, but seems fine on it, perhaps a larger oil cooler would help, or reposition away from the bottom to up top.

Had a spin over to see Vort at the weekend and played swapsie with each others DB4's, most enjoyable and thanks Vort, although me now wants some Keihin Flatslides..... A nice sight for passer bys seeing 2 "twin" Tricolor DB4's running together, although they both rode entirely differently from brakes to carbs to suspension, entirely different. 140 mile round trip, and getting to like the DB4, very comfortable (always a relative thing with Bimotas - although nose twitchy at speed)

Clothes off and temp gauge thermistor fitted and wired in

Please note lounge rug laid out on driveway in preparation for fitment of fairing, an essential....

And a few of older and younger brother together for the first time with all their clothes on

Note the recently fitted V-due headlight unit on the DB2, far better throw of light and freshens the old girl up nicely, although a very tight fit with the projector beam depth of casing

Was enjoying my ride so much back on the DB2 and liking the new look clocks and functional headlight, kept going well after dark, closing shot of the funtional triple clocks. It was good to be back on the "old girl" with her flatslides and corse straight through, although Jeeso does she feel cramped by comparison to the DB4.

Cheers again to all those on the Forum for their various assitances with both bikes recently and over the years, you all know who you are so no names needed, but a special mention to ....well he shall remain "nameless".... for advising me to hardwire the temperature gauge direct to the battery, and thus it now registers a reading continuously whether the key is in the ignition or not. Cheers Big Fella Laughing Laughing Laughing Fuse pulled in the meantime....

Hopefully both now sorted ready for more riding, well that is until the next few bits start to arrive that is.......Got a week off over Easter and thats when the Pup of a Duc gets her stripdown done and damage assessment carried out...
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, see you in April at the meeting then?
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
thanks again for assistance on fitting Oil temperature gauge,

I like to help when I can. I strongly believe in sharing the wealth of knowledge...

I still haven't looked at the DB2, yet. I figure the first thing I will do is check and clean the engine ground cable. With the frame having been powder coated, there is a chance that I'm getting some corrosion or losing what little ground it had. I'll check the ground first and then the starter cable, and then the starter.

When I got home from work, I was told that my daughter left her bike in the cul-de-sac in front of our house and her bicycle was run over by a neighbor. Bent the front axle, forks, and the "gooseneck" that the handlebars mount to. I tore the bike apart and tried to straighten the parts, but I don't have the right tools at home for this. We have another bike that my wife dug out of the trash/recycling center at the local landfill, and I may combine to two bicycles to make one good one.

I still got to work on a bike today, just not one with an engine. Laughing Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: