Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Can a SB6 completer bodywork be fitted onto a SB6R?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Can a SB6 completer bodywork be fitted onto a SB6R? Reply with quote

My freind who has been trying to sell his SB6 complete bodywork has given up and given me the item mentioned.

I owned an SB6R and actually prefer the looks and paintjob of the SB6. Does anyone knows whether the bodywork can befitted on the SB6R? I know I will need a fuel tank because the SB6 has a tank cover but what other issues will I faced. Some experts here might be able to shed some light regarding this conversion or the difficulty I might encounter.

cheers and Early Merry Christmas to Everyone.
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;m with you. I much prefer the SB6 design. if it can be done, it should be done! Laughing
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

The fairing should be easier, but, The headlights, clocks, are different and the batteries sit up front on the 6. I'd say the whole unit will be difficult but not impossible.
You'll need twin round headlights in a mounting plate
Measure the distance between the 6R mirrors and their relative height, you might be lucky, but if not you'll need some special mirror mounts.
The steering damper is on the right with the 6 and the left with the 6R, just take it off, you should be ok.

The tank is different on the 6R because it has a ram air type system and the battery. 6R's breath better than the 6 so I'd be tempted to keep this. The 6 cans are different so you'll need a pair of those (or get someting made up to fit.
I don't know how the 6R tail works but I'd be tempted to leave it and just fit the fairing and see how it looks with the 6R tail
oily

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to this question is of course.........YES
and as Pompey has said should be done Laughing
I have long intended doing this to the 6R fighter but time has been an issue.
The 6 and 6R frame is fundamentally the same, the forks are fundamentally the same and the engine is fundamentally the same.
As EC says it's all down to the headlight sub frame Wink
When I've got all the other projects finished, I plan a 6R with a 6 front end
Wink
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for a start does anyone has a SB6 fuel tank for sale? maybe for those who have converted their exhuast , do they have a set of rear mufflers for sale. Or for that matter even the headlight bracket or more?
oily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2OR4STROKES wrote:
Ok for a start does anyone has a SB6 fuel tank for sale? maybe for those who have converted their exhuast , do they have a set of rear mufflers for sale. Or for that matter even the headlight bracket or more?

I've been collecting parts for this project for several years now but I'm thinking I may want a 6 front with a 6R rear end Hybrid, otherwise It might as well be a SB6 from the start. On that note, I have both a tank and a set of rear mufflers that I may part with if offered the right amount of "incentive" Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may get riccambe Weiss ( spelt badly) on ebay to get you that tank/ tail you need for the 6. I just received bodywork from them and it is first class, superb finish. Shame I am going to cut it into bits but needs must for the final result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: