Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1980 Bimota SB3 - How much should I pay?...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lior_baruch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: 1980 Bimota SB3 - How much should I pay?... Reply with quote

Hey there,

I have an opportunity to buy a 1980 Bimota SB3 in an amazing condition, all original with about 55,000km. The buyer told me to 'make an offer' as after a long time of me bugging him to sell it to me, looks like this time he took me seriously... Smile

How many were manufactured? what's the worth of such bike?

I own several bikes, some are Ducati but I never had Bimota before...

Thanks a lot!

Lior.
djt77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, a quick search notes that around 402 were produced, one sold in the US early this year for around $16,000 but same bike later advertised for $25,000 from new seller. It doesn't seem that they come up very often.

Strangely the older Bimota don,t seem to be worth a great deal compared to other bikes from the same period, surprising as they are considerably more advanced and rare.

Wish I could be of more help.
oily

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because they are so rare that there will be no price guide for them.
I was offered one last month for considerably less than the prices djt is quoting but due to other commitments at he time I unfortunately had to decline.
Things that need to be taken into account are.........
condition of bike and what you will use it for = how much it will cost to refurbish it....

and most importantly, how much you want to own it Wink
that said, the ONLY thing that pushes the prices up is the rarity and I'm thinking that they are only desirable to the knowledgeable few Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: