Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

pattern bodywork

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: pattern bodywork Reply with quote

I have received a set of bodywork from ricambi-weiss-com . The quality is superb, far better then I expected. I figure some of you have seen them advertise on ebay and its worth knowing what you can expect. VVVV good.
deebee4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: pattern bodywork Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
I have received a set of bodywork from ricambi-weiss-com . The quality is superb, far better then I expected. I figure some of you have seen them advertise on ebay and its worth knowing what you can expect. VVVV good.

Too bad they don't offer db4 bodywork.....
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: pattern bodywork Reply with quote

[quote="deebee4"]
Pompey wrote:
Too bad they don't offer db4 bodywork.....

There is a company on ebay based in Greece that does DB4 bodywork, either in fibreglass or carbon fibre. You can see how they made a mould from the original bodywork as the Bimota logo on the tank causes a raised section on the moulded copy.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bimota-DB4-gas-tank-rear-fairing-carbon-fiber-/250812222209?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6592cb01
Corona

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad quality stuff from Greece,got a full fairing from them which is up in the loft waiting for paint, they also do the bodywork for the DB4 but I did find and buy one for my ie from Germany, keep your eye on ebay and it does come up. Stuart from North Leicester Motorcycles is also well worth a call as he did have some original painted bodywork and will help track stuff down.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers corona, I'll give him a bell. I am still after an original front fairings for the db2 . I am going to set the bike up with two options for bodykit.
m_a_saunders

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per an earlier post on DB1 bodywork, Plastic Bike close to Milan in Italy may have the original moulds:

http://www.plastic-bike.com/index.htm

Please note that I have no affiliation with this company and to the best of my knowledge they will only work through dealers.

Cheers, Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: