Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: SB6R Reply with quote

SB6R carbs, complete and unmessed with please. Must be loads out there, lying about doing nothing Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a quick look at a set of gsxr1100 M Mikuni 40mm carbs on ebay. They are totally standard and 17000m miles apparently? They may do the trick? But then I am not a mechanic and mess up the threads on sauce bottles!
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a set of 42mm flat sides from my katana but i think they may not fit a water cooled
oily

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Just had a quick look at a set of gsxr1100 M Mikuni 40mm carbs on ebay. They are totally standard and 17000m miles apparently? They may do the trick? But then I am not a mechanic and mess up the threads on sauce bottles!

Thanks for that, already spotted them but the M model is oil cooled and I need a set for a water cooled. Different spacing unfortunatly Wink
oily

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madasfook wrote:
i got a set of 42mm flat sides from my katana but i think they may not fit a water cooled

Definatly too old skool to fit a water cooled Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

To be honest, get the bike on a dyno. From memory part of the problem is the fuel pump and whether there is a return line. Think there was a fix to blank off the return line after the pump which resulted in severe over fueling when not at speed.

All the best

Keith
oily

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's keith but the fuel pump isn't even in the equation at the moment, I'm gravity feeding the carbs from a great height so no problem there. The problem is with the carbs and everything is wrong. Main jets, pilot jet's, air jet's, needles, emulsion tubes etc, etc and gawd knows what else has been done to them. I'm not so sure that the carbs are even off this bike anymore. The cheapest and eisiest way is probably a set of gixxer carbs and start from there Crying or Very sad
Spent most of the day ringing round the breakers and found a couple of sets but the bad news is, with vat and delivery, it's gonna knock a big hole in £200, ouch Confused
At least I should be able to get it runing and THEN onto the fuel pump Crying or Very sad
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Suspect someone has had a botched job at trying to sort the original problems.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: