Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is yamaha but they did it with a 4 cylinder bike configured to fire like a 2 cylinder one so is really accepting that 2 are better then 4 again .... Wink
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
oh dear, I never thought you'd succumb to using statistics as ammunition for your argument but as long as we're going down that path, let's try using something other than a race series where the engines have to last more than an hour or two between rebuilds Laughing
even Chinese engines could probably last that long between rebuilds, now, what are the figures for world class endurance racing ?
Probably American twin's knowing my luck but certainly not Italian twins Laughing

Besides, I'm more interested in the real world, where my spanners live Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fim endurance world series has run for 31 years. Of that number 4 cylinder bikes have won ................. 31. I defer to your argument. Rolling Eyes
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, how many times does an average rider keep at it for 24 hours. We cant get our lot out for 2 hours to a meeting? Wink
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that's sorted Laughing

Now back to the original subject of this thread.....
Been trying to ring the owner for a while now and all I'm getting is......."your call cannot be taken and you cannot leave a message" me thinks perhaps the seller has been inundated with calls and his answer phone is full Rolling Eyes

It might show how popular 4 cylinder bikes are Laughing Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Then again, how many times does an average rider keep at it for 24 hours. We cant get our lot out for 2 hours to a meeting? Wink

True,true
but a lot of owners are running twins and who knows if their engines would last that long
Laughing Laughing

On that note, don't forget the Feb meeting guys Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:

Been trying to ring the owner for a while now and all I'm getting is......."your call cannot be taken and you cannot leave a message" me thinks perhaps the seller has been inundated with calls and his answer phone is full Rolling Eyes

If it was a DB1 for sale, half the biking population of England (and a goodly number of our European cousins) would be queuing outside his house in Gwynedd right now. Thats how popular "L" twins are.
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
oily wrote:

If it was a DB1 for sale, half the biking population of England (and a goodly number of our European cousins) would be queuing outside his house in Gwynedd right now. Thats how popular "L" twins are. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
Yep but how many of those people would want to buy it to put 5000 miles per year on it?
Or would it be a garage queen? Laughing Laughing

Let's face it, even I would have a DB1..............it would be useful as a door stop or better still.....in the hallway as a telephone table but defiantly not to ride on a regular basis Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S......

Half of the UK biking population would never be able to find Porthmadog Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why I am a complete tart when it comes to bikes. I'll ride anything and enjoy it, I just ride each one differently... Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
thats why I am a complete tart when it comes to bikes. I'll ride anything and enjoy it, I just ride each one differently... Laughing

Absakinlutly Laughing

Much, much easier if you haven't got to spanner them when they go bang, you can just ride the tit's off them and not worry about the consequences Wink

one of the reasons I have more than one bike is I worry a little bit less about blowing one up and being off the road till it's fixed Wink
bimotanige

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Pompey -ride any bike but differently so long as you get the grin factor! Defo need more than one for when the non Jap engined bike lets go and requires many parts Shocked
Summary of Bims Ive owned - 1 cylinder BB1 grin factor high as it rattles ur teeth out but sweet handling as you like and you catch the big boys when they stop for fuel
2 cylinder -DB2 corners fast in fast out, super grin factor
- Vdue " "why am I pointing at the sky???" extreme grin but slow due to towing fuel tanker behind!
4 cylinder - YB11 open the throttle wide in top at 40mph and hold on -grin gets bigger for about 8 seconds until your brain engages!
Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,now we've decided that V twins are for lawn mowers, let's get back to the original subject.......................

Today I visited the YB11 in question Shocked
It's actually in Ffestiniog. Haggled the guy down to £2750 which you might think is a bargain but I still walked away without it Shocked
The guys owned it for eight years, bought it as a damaged repairable and only put about 600 miles on it in all that time. the scratch on the frame is not very noticeable but both front and rear mudguards held together with 3M carbon look sticky tape is very noticeable along with the demon tweek foot-pegs and home made handlebar................................
think you get the picture.
Hope that saves somebody else a 2.5 hour (each way) and a tank of diesel trip into Apache county for little reward Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could have seen Ivor the engine and idris the dragon while you were there surely?
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw plenty of dragons, mostly morbidly obese Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: