Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB7 Owner in UK - Essex
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: New DB7 Owner in UK - Essex Reply with quote

Hi all - hope you are all well. I have just placed my deposit on a lovely DB7 and hope to pick it up in about a month all being well. I have spent the last 48 hours reading your forum and already picked up a lot of infomation on the bikes. In fact im almost ready to put an order in for a new Tacho as it seems inevitable that it will break at some point haha.

I have spent the last 5 years on an MV F4 and until recently enjoyed commuting on it to london everyday! However, all good things come to an end right, and whilst sat in a junction box waiting to turn right i was hit by an M3 that was overtaking someone on the other side of the road. END OF MV. Mad

So I finally got an insurance payout and went out shopping for a nice new MV.........in short, thats how ive ended up with this DB7!

The slightly longer version is a friend (DJT77) has a DB7 and highly recommended this bike and kept sending me pictures of them. I took an interest and found a good example, problem was it was in Italy.

So, I then found the email address of the UK importer for Bimota, a guy called Graham, superb guy, really helpful, honest and knowledgable. Dropped him a quick email and got a very quick response back. Several emails later and I had viewed this lovely DB7 in Stowmarket - Made in Italy Motorcyles, Im sure some of you guys are aware of this dealer already, but again, a really nice guy and most accomodating.

It has made a nice change to deal with nice guys who appear to actually enjoy what they do. Unlike my local MV dealer in Rayleigh, John E Vines!

So my love affair with Italian machines continues for hopefully a few more years to come.

Virtual beers are on me whilst i try and figure out how to post pictures.
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum - great bike you've got there!
Enjoy.
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Geekay, im sure i will! im praying we get a nice early summer so i can get some time on it soon. dont want to mess it up in the rain so soon!!
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike... good decision. I love the signature quote, very funny. You are in the elite club of members who worked out how to post pics on your first post so keep at it!Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed, its a Bimota with a side stand that actually works. The close up shots really show it off, stunning.
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers pompey! flipping cant wait to give it a good hiding. just think its going to be a while before it stops raining over here.

Funny you should say that about the side stand, i had just got off it in the dealers and walked around to the front and touched something, maybe the forks or something, the whole bike shifted about an inch as i touched it. nearly shat myself! i promptly went round and checked the stand was in place!!!!
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a bimota curse, we all get used to checking it at least 5 times before we walk away from the bike!
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha they should all come with red writing on the stand 'Pull Me Out Hard'
actually i can see that not working either..... Wink
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.
Pretty thing you've bought..........
They'll start making them with proper engines soon Laughing
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets hope not otherwise every tom dick and harry will want one.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True True............

You know what Tom, Dick and Harry are like when it comes to proper engines
Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real smart..........
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum, hope you enjoy and stick around for a while and give your views on the DB7 from MIIMC. You helped Vort out there also as that bike has been there a whiles teasing and tearing at his purse strings. A big "phew" sigh of relief that he doesn' t have to hide another bike from his Mrs.
Your log on ov MV0 5exy, wouldn't happen to be a private MV o Sexy plate you had on your MV would it? Very Esses of you if it was Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mv05 exy wrote:
lets hope not otherwise every dick will want one.

Oh - you've already met Oily then? Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: