Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fingers Crossed, Something New is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the widescreen fellows, I was trying to build the suspense, I hope that when the next "page comes up it will be back to normal.

Just finished making a brew for the delivery man, "Honey I'm Home......."

Now its time to come clean............I did go over to Holland/Netherlands some 10 days ago for 24 hours, right in the middle of their winter, and was delayed getting there, delayed getting to destination, took what might be last train out from Amsterdam to head into the middle of the Tulip Fields some 150 clicks east. Well train after train was being cancelled, I was 5 hours overdue being collected from a train station somewhere near Assen and it was late, it was dark, it was cold, there was a plague of locusts, the train broke down, others were cancelled and some 9 hours later I was due to be flying back. Girlie was freezing her Ass off, and that could have been a potential Avalanche believe me, so we turned round before the point of no return was reached,and had a blast in Amsterdam to make the best of a bad day, and thus after many more pidgeon english calls etc, emails fax and carrier pidgeon comms (2 pidgeon references in one note), a deal was done, and thus I bought totally BLIND, going off just the manner of the bloke and total faith and belief in Mankind, cheers Laminator, makes 2 of us.

Well she's turned up and what a pleasant surprise, never ever been dropped, original levers without any scuffs, pegs and gear/rear brake scuff free, good tyres, fully inflated and a fully charged fresh battery also, extremely surprised in a very pleasant way.

Oh boy is the girlie going to get it good time, rough and ready tonight, what a High!

Have work to do for tomorrow, have to drop my son off and get girlie things for girlie whos on her way, check this out for a very clean, fresh, well maintained and oiled chain, please excuse the shakey picture, I was till shaking with excitement!!

I was going to keep you all in suspenders for a few more days as I'm away with work (all cry for me please), but what the heck, heres a few more, officially back to 2Bims. Big thanks to Laminator for reinstilling my faith in mankind, my parents, without whom I wouldn't be here in the first place, the nice lady in the Bank sending all my money to a total stranger, Vort for just being there Laughing , GeeKay and BimotaNige for general support and last but not Least Wieste Van Tellingham (previous Owner) True salt of the earth fella. Apparently his garage is spotless and so are all his bikes including the Ducati 851, oh how I kick myself I didn't buy the 2 at the same time. Oh and not to foget the girlie, in case she logs onto here, for suffering me, and the cold that she caught in Amsterdam, which is still with her today

And again

double bubble screen will be off to Skidmarx to make copies, and Vort will send his standard for copies also, then I can have a normal and he can have a double bubble (They don't have blanks for either as yet). My new discs have also turned up today, also from the NEtherlands, to put back to original pattern, other toys on their way
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a Mantra wearing different clothes Very Happy
looks a beauty, Steve - glad its all worked out right for you. Was a big gamble you took!
Will pop over t'Pennines when I get some time away from work and have a good nosey. I'll see if I can get Nige to go halves with the petrol Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quickie, couldn't resist before parking up the DB4 for the night, ignition on, fingers crossed etc, all lights working, but hey? whats that strange one I've never seen before? Oh, a low fuel warning light that works Surprised , rarer than Hens teeth. Popped down to the garage for premium '97, ran back topped up, swilled around, low fuel light still on, light intermittent, must be working then. choke on, one turn of the throttle, release, sidestand up, pull in clutch to lessen the pressure on the starter/battery, Click click, whirr whirr, battery not liking it, leav e it a few minutes, back, wait 10 seconds between each attempt, no longer than 3 seconds a try. Leave for 10 minutes, last attempt before Valentines meal (god the traffic on this site is low tonight).
One final attempt, what was that? a cough?, oh yeh a cough of a spark igniting a carbon footprint in the offing. More coughs, one cyclinder 2 cylinder , white smoke, white smoke dies down, oiled bores for a stored bike, nice to see. 5-10 minutes of other attempts, little by little, full running, both cyclinders revving nicely, until......yes choke off and shes free, running all by herself, no choke, no human intervention, Hooray.

Had good good look over, rear brake light switch is inop, no surprise there, simples fix, and the indicator button doesn't self centre when you click to the right, fine to the left but not to the right, Erhhh, and thats it, pleasantly surprised, tucked away now until Friday, gotta go
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
a stored bike,

Have you ordered a pair of new rubber bands (timing belts) for the engine, yet?
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve, very nice bike. Great to hear some good news on the buying front for a change. Who did buy the 851's, anyone? Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
2bims wrote:
a stored bike,

Have you ordered a pair of new rubber bands (timing belts) for the engine, yet?

No not yet, although over here in Blighty, they're off the shelf from my Local Ducati dealer just half a mile from my home, handy.
They were done last year, valves clearances, fluids etc, and it looks like it, when you see the bike you can trust in what the seller says its self evident. Since then he's only done 100Kms. Stored, is more like not used. There are some folk on here that haven't changed their belts for 8/9 years (although thats not really my bag)

Doocati 851, as far as I know, its still for sale
philfingers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done the belts on my Superlight in 5 years I think. BUT every season before I refill the carbs and start it I pull the belt covers off and turn it over by hand to inspect the belts. If I get to use it this year i will certainly do the belts. They are, apparently a whole lot better than they were. Same belts as a renault clio apparently, tho I wouldn't trust anything french .. . .
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
oily

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philfingers wrote:
Same belts as a renault clio apparently, tho I wouldn't trust anything french .. . .

Don't know about that.......
I can testify to the effectiveness of the exocet Crying or Very sad
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
brian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find 2bims! What year is it and how many miles? I've been looking at a DB4 for a while now, it still hasn't sold and i'd love to buy it. Hard to part with the cash at the moment. I think he wants too much for it but, if the right person (like me Laughing ) comes along i'm sure it will go.

Your new DB4 look like it's in great condition. I'm a little jealous now Crying or Very sad
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
laminator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, or should I say molto bello!

Glad it all worked out.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
its a Mantra wearing different clothes Very Happy

I was going to ask that.........
......So it would be easy to make a Muntra look sexy Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frame is 99% Mantra, only difference I know of is seat frame mounts. Obviously DB4 are a bit higher up.

2 Bim's just has the luck off the GOD's. First he was lucky enough to bag the DB2 and YB11 even though probably nearly every man on this forum was ring after them, then buys blind from Netherlands and actually gets a mint bike for a good price.

I've been chasing all over Italy after Bimota's and generally can't get a reply off sellers, or been told were to stick it cause they think I'm trying to scam them. Got so desperate I contacted Made in Italy motorbikes , who got in touch with their buyer in Italy , who's now doing the running for me. Have to say they have been very helpful, just the 2 bikes I've been after may now me sold. That's the difference between a mortal and 2Bims.
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
philfingers wrote:
Same belts as a renault clio apparently, tho I wouldn't trust anything french .. . .

Don't know about that.......
I can testify to the effectiveness of the exocet Crying or Very sad

even when its fired from the back of a flat bed lorry Shocked As the lads on glamorgan found out...
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
They were done last year, valves clearances, fluids etc, and it looks like it,

I wouldn't worry about them, then. I was thinking that they hadn't been done taht recently and the bike was simply in storage for a while. I have been known to run the same belts for up to 5 years.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: New Pipes Reply with quote

Well my NOS titanium Termis have turned up, kind of "stole" them off an ebay seller by offering to buy and him close the Auction, always worth a try. Nice man also, quick sending. They really are brand new, still in bags and the original box and are straight through, no baffles, nicely stamped for race use only, but cleverly done so around the end of the can sleeve, but on the inside face of each can that doesn't show when they are on the Bike. Just have to convince myself NOT to fit them to the Db4 but to put them on the 900SS/Superlight rendition that they were intended for....hhmmm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170810313509&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: