Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fingers Crossed, Something New is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.99p?
bargain matey. Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know me Garry, I love a bargain, thats why my local 1Pound (Plus 20p VAT) Pasty shop WAS doing such a roaring trade. I just felt sorry for the poor soul that had put his 99p bid in only to receive a note that the item was no longer available for sale, had that happen to me a few times, items you've bid on just dissappearing into the ether.
Pipes came with the high level fixing brackets, straps, rubbers and fixing bolts and clamps, Of course I had to knock him down a little as there was no instruction booklet included.... Laughing Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they look really cool steve. They'll look great on the 900SL.

I'd like to get a termi can or system for my db4 but i have no idea what would fit? At the moment it has an aftermarket Staintune can but i think the headers are stock. Not sure how much of the system is stock though, no sign of the double barrell shotgun arrangement.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock headers finish before you go from 2 to 1. Looking at your system you have a 2 into 1 piece about 6 inches long , I would suggest this is all that is left of you shotgun can, your single can is then attached to the piece cut off the old silencer. The official Corse or termi IE can has the 1 into 2 split as part of the can. If that make sense ? Confused
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Vorts Comments on that, haven't found any aftermarket systems still available, too short a production run and too limited an Edition for any still to be made.

Standard 2 into 1 DB4ie Termi pipe looks like the attached, and fits a treat. Reason I know? this is the one I picked up to replace the double barrel system
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260969066150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You can easily tell if you still have the stock Bimota Headers Brian. They would be stainless steel, although as standard they are unpolished so could be brown/rusty and look like plain steel, but with no major corrosion or pitting, and the front header will run tight and flush under the crankcase, actually touching. Ducati systems would have a 5cm gap underneath affecting road clearance. Finally the Bimota standard headers on the Db4 and Db2's have a discreet little plaque on each header, rectangular, about 2cms by 1cm, spot welded at each end and it will say "Bimota" on it and have a number also, both headers have plaques and the rear cyclinder one should be visible from the right side looking at the downpipe . The numbers are sequential from recollection, matching each hand made unit to the actual bike it was made for, so the fronts and backs lined up when fitted.

This link shows you the difference between Ducati header fit on my 750Ssie and Bimota header fit on my Db2
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1196&start=60

And if you look on this thread you will see the "Bimota" "b" logo plaque on the rear header with a number on it. Careful though reading the thread, as you may end up searching for a DB2 also!, and Christ knows how expensive they would be in Oz Question Question Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1196&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Just has to be one of the sexiset looking bikes with its clothes off! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: