Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

headlight wiring on sb8r mystery! Whoohoo! I know-SORTED!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: headlight wiring on sb8r mystery! Whoohoo! I know-SORTED!!! Reply with quote

ok, bike i bought has been on daytime mot,and made very light,therefore the lights ,indicators etc were removed, now,ive decided to refit these and im having a problem with the headlight connections.

the previous owner insists all the plugs are there, but i have the bike and there seems to be something missing- but without another sb8 alongside to compare,i may be wrong!
here goes-
starting with the back of the headlight
the main beam has a round grey connector block- this connects to the present one on the bike= ok

on that same black lead from the headlight are two connectors, 1 with blue and black wire,the other with blue/white and black wire, both in white colour block clip connector stylee!= where do they plug into on the bike?

next the side(centre ) light , brown and black on a black colour block clip connector stylee!= where does this plug into on the bike?

then i have a black thick single wire coming from the rear right (as you sit on the bike)from the bulb clip= where does this connect? (its just cut=no connector)

and lastly headlight side-

the left sheathed wires (also just cut) which have a lavender or pinkish colour wire and a grey one= where does this connect?

now -bike side

i have found a flat paddle connector the same as the rear light extension wiring ,in the front(female type), what is this?

bearing in mind- theres a potentiometer (has its own loom/connectors) and a chris gunster fitted pc3 on her.

am i missing anything here- like another joining lead etc,ive located the indicator wires and the brake switch connectors/wire front and rear ok.

as i say bob said he was sure it was a case of offering up the headlight and reconnecting and is pretty certain everthing was there!

arf arf- can anyone shed some light on the connections,to solve this mystery before i melt the thing? cheers! Wink

Last edited by akito-man on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: headlight wiring on sb6r mystery! Reply with quote

akito-man wrote:
but without another sb8 alongside to compare,i may be wrong!
:

I've tried to wade through this and see if I could get my head around it BUT I cant decide which bike your talking about.....sb6r as per the title or sb8 as per the text Laughing

If it's a sb8....I'm out...... but I may have a wiring diagram for a 6R Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited!

Sb8r - apologies
akito-man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something has to be missing!
akito-man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on- weres the help???
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Sorry.......wrong model Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akito-man wrote:
Come on- wires the help???
Just correct that for you ... Very Happy

Sadly I don't know ... but you can try http://track.gktvs.co.uk/ the can make a loom that will do everything you want including the PC3 etc. Might not be the cheapest solution but it would be a permanant one.

You could have a look at the TLR wireing diagram and chase down the wires / connections you're not familiar with. Then test with a bulb tester or voltmeter.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you go (good luck!) Very Happy

akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers-already have that! Where does your projector beam light connect into? The spur from the main light?
Where does the black side light connect to? The spur on the main light?
Or is there a "y" type lead to the flat booted connector?(black clip type with yellow rubber gasket- same as rear light extension lead for back lights).

Think im missing this "y"lead!
Its easy to check, tho it does mean carbon fibre top fairing light surround to come off to check!
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't help with specifics as my bike is 30 miles away in a shop - waiting patiently for a new owner. Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't help with specifics as my bike is 30 miles away in a shop - waiting patiently for a new owner. Very Happy
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daym! Might have bought yours if id known! Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kabelbaum-Kabelstrang-Bimota-SB-8R-SB8R-98-01-/300652990642?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item46005090b2

May be useful for you, an SB8R wiring loom with connectors, Plug and Play???
Most folk in Germany will end the auction early to close a sale, takes your choice....
akito-man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers- you could build a bike with whats on there!Wink
Hmm-maybe an sb8 chop: Shocked
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okee dokee- here goes, projector headligh( main beam) plugs into loom which comes from the high beam connector, also the black connector from the side light connects also to a spur from the same loom, ( into a white female connector-i know- go figure??)
This gets headlights working ,
Main beam is the projector, then high beam is the standard ( right side as on bike) light! Then both on for flash, and also your common or garden side light!

So, still dont know what the free female ( tyco sureseal booted connector )with 5 wires is for???

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: