Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

headlight wiring on sb8r mystery! Whoohoo! I know-SORTED!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think its number 15 in geekays diagram, which says , potentiometer, bike already has an after market one on, was this planned by bimota to have them as standard, before chucking the towel in????

Therefore leaving it already???
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akito- what did you get with your light in the end. My Santamonica came with a projector light and lots of free connectors behind the light. It has a multi plug that is plugged in but light on all the time, side bilb and projector light. Can move switches into any position , on/off/side/normal beam and nothing, then full beam switches projector off and puts normal beam on. Is that roughly what you ended up with ? Can you switch your projector beam off at all ?
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes,i have off,side only ,side and projector( standard beam) then high beam switches off the projector but leaves the side light on and high beam,and flash is all together!,the santimonica,will be for the usa market surely,and as such wont allow you to turn off the lights period,as new bikes of uk today!,

i also found that my side light plugs to the back of the high beam connectors,and the projector plugs seperately. ill post up pics soon. Wink ,seeing as my ins aINT ON THE BLEEDIN DATABASE YET,SO NO SUNNY PLAYTIME YET!DAYM!
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the light with the bike when you bought it , just not fitted or did you have to get one ?
I am assuming it is just a straight TL1000s headlight ? Any specific year ?
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry- yes it came with the bike, but the wiring was chopped/ so it took a while to source one with connectors, its the earlier one with the clear projector lense, some are just all the same glass, id check your bike with pics of the same bike you have, but mine defo isnt the R model! Which is bigger!
vort28

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the connectors from? Mine has the black with red ring typr connectors with the yellow seal in them.
Do you have spare connectors behind the clocks ?
I seem to have a few not connected and was wondering if they were for different light configurations.

I got 2 lights witht the bike. One is a projector , but Euro/US pattern( was fitted) , the other is just 2 plain bulbs, but what seems to be a flat pattern. Thats the one I have fitted for the SVA , but always on main beam, was hopping to try to find a loose connector that actually worked from the switch, hence the need for connectors.
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the flat connector your worried about? The booted one? Sits on the left side ( looking at the headlight from the front of the bike?)
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Been really busy, ill get the nose off and decifer the free connectors that miffed me also, oh by the way, mine dosent like rain, snorts the stuff through the nose ! So piper x filter has problems!
vort28

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if your connector looks like this. Would like to find a supplier so I can make my own loom up to connect to this.

akito-man

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from demon tweeks, count the number of wire into the boot, very reasonable with fast delivery on ebay! Hope it helps,
Wink
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way , i have one of those free too, right side of bike( when sitting on )and im positive it is for a potentiometer or factory diagnostic connection, my potentiometer is aftermarket and hardwired, pluss a pcm111 , chris gunster fitted and set my pcm111, so if you have any running issues and he still does em , id recommend him!but seeing as yours has the two extra inj above the stacks under the tank, yours should be fine!
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help and will look at Demon Tweeks.

Will see how it runs once on the road, but very rich at the moment, but then you have seen the size of the throttles on yours so you can understand its hard to fuel at tick over.
Mine haas FREE connectors all over the place, assuming some of them are for different markets etc.
oily

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google SUPASEAL connectors Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
akito-man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your stuck ive got a male and female 5 wire here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: