Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 engine
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: DB1 engine Reply with quote

Hello - could anyone please inform me which standard Ducati 750 belt drive engines from which years will fit in a DB1? I'm not too worried about originality as I'd only be using the engine as a substitute to save wear on the original.

Chees, Mike J.
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Mike
I'm pretty sure only the F1 because the Paso, Indiana and 750 sport have the rear head turned backwards for the Weber/Mikuni carb.
The nearest will be the Pantah 650, TL600 or Cagiva Allazzura with a big bore kit.
There is somebody CNCing rear heads out of billet but they cost 1500 to 2000 euros each.
maybe the F1 forum can help: http://www.ducatittandf1.com/index.php ?
good luck
Ian
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Gimme Gimme Gimme Reply with quote

Hello Mike and Welcome to the Forum, hopefully you'll stick around and share some snapshots of your DB1 with us, Standard DB1, DB1S or SR??
I'm just slightly a big DB fan so again welcome to the Forum and let me be the first to congratulate you on said ownership etc, and be the first on here to say IF ever, no matter whenever, or for whatsoever reason you would consider letting me have first "dibs" on a potential sale, cheers and happy riding. We've had a "Northern" Bimota meet up where we compiled a DB2, a DB3 and a DB4, Whats Missing????? Where abouts are you, County only would suffice.... Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 2bims,

thanks for the kind words. I'm North of London these days (he said vaguely('Very Happy')) but won't be selling the DB1 unless the cat needs an operation or something! I've had the DB1 for yonks but haven't got around to fettling it yet, so I thought it'd be a nice project for this year. It's a standard DB1 but has a DB1S rear wheel for some reason-fortunately, there was an original wheel on e-bay (!) which will be fitted at some point. It has a tuned engine with 40mm carbs etc. so I'm thinking of fitting a replacement or detuning it a bit for the road. I'll post some piccies when it's looking a bit more presentable,

Cheers, Mike J.
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, can you post a pic of your cat for us please? Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your serious about selling if the cat needs an operation, I have a plan, as I'm more of a dog person myself Very Happy
Yeh But No But, welcome to the Forum, and no worries about addresses/location etc, there are a lot of good guys on here and we have PM's or emails for none "Open Forum" chat, and we do like to meet up when time clicks right.
I'm sure you'll scan the Forum for info, and you're lucky that you can dip into Ducati knowledge as well being one of the Twin cyclinder Owners.
Shame though that Ducatisti has gone down since last year, lots of help and knowledge on there, now consigned to megabyte heaven.

No worries if the bike looks shabby, post away, and assistance can be given in that if needed, as some folk struggel to put pictures up. We all like to see pictures, shabby or Perfect, and will help encourage you to put things right, open up your "shame" of leaving one of Bimotas finest "neglected and unloved" Laughing and best of luck, as I would love to see one on the Road, as opposed to On You Tube

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said 2 bims. I often thought of putting modern engines into an older bim. They did start as frame suppliers only and sort yourself out did they not?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Well said 2 bims. I often thought of putting modern engines into an older bim. They did start as frame suppliers only and sort yourself out did they not?

Indeed they did, and later when they started with full bikes they had to buy complete jap bikes just to pull the engines and electRics etc. Probably why they bitsa this bitsa that put on to other bikes, lots of spares left over
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still laughing about the poor bloody cat. It has no idea how dangerous a position it is now in. Only good thing is it will have to be a subtle wound that needs the vet to cure it and not put it out of its misery Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Still laughing about the poor bloody cat. Wink

Kidnap And Ransom Always an Option? Could send clippings of its fur in the post? Oh No hang on , I've just remembered I'm allergic to cat fur.

Hey Mike...Your Cat wouldn't happen to be one of those inside out Japanese versions would it with no Fur? Very Happy
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: The Cat Reply with quote

Hello again-

Thanks for your replies; I'll try to put some photos on today (meanwhile, the cat's hiding under the bed!).

Cheers, Mike J.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting with baited breath for UK Owner of DB1 pictures, give my regards to the cat, hope its well, but not too well Laughing
PErhaps you should tell us the cats name and post a cuddly picture, would feel more personal and less likely to wish harm upon it
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: The Cat Reply with quote

Hello-here's the piccies of the Bim, hope they've come out o.k.,

Cheers, Mike J

Oops, no they haven't-how do you load them? I'll have another go.
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: The Cat Reply with quote

Hello 2bims

the cat's name's Monty (we found out she was a she after we named her!) and she's in fine fettle at the moment (so far). I'll try to send some piccies of her when my son get's up and shows me how to load them,

Cheers, Mike J.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Mike.
Struggle to believe that you were the 10th person to join nearly 4 years ago, and only now raise your head above the parapet.
Me being a cynical bugger, wouldn't have anything to do with the enthusiasts circle disappearing would it Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: