Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Insurance due
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Insurance due Reply with quote

Were /who/what, am i likely to be paying for my sb8r? It will be insured with a classic too!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can give a BIG thumbs up for Footman James, just google, they do classics policies for Bimotas and as long as you have 50% Classics they classify the entire policy for multibikes as Classics.i.e. cheap, should appeal to those North of the Border. For classics they say 15 years or older qualifies, but, and you may have to remind them, they classify BIMOTAS as Classics from just 10 years old onwards. I have 2 bikes on a classics policy with them for 240 per year Fully comp, garaged, locked etc, european cover thrown in, legal cover, recovery all in. I rang about adding my recently acquired DB4, and they added it to the multibike policy for just 38GBP extra, mostly because they have a 25GBP admin charge for changing a policy. I was well happy, that is with 2 years NCD and I'm a sprightly 46 years of age. Oh and the girlie is also covered t ride as a named rider on the same policy. Cannot speak higher of them for providing cover. NEver claimed yet so can't comment on that part
MARTIN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little lot on a multi-bike policy from E-BIKEINSURE

http://www.eBikeInsurance.co.uk

£214 fully comp (age 53, garaged,bikelocked)

As long as you have not got a lot of nasty writing on your licence

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with F.J.
They charged me £200 for two Bims (fully comp, not classic or multibike.) had the renewal through this very morning.......£265 Shocked
Me thinks a very stern phone call is in order before I start shopping around.
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am presuming that they are both over 10 Years Old Oily, as when you call them remond them that under their terms Bimotas classify as classics after 10 years and not 15 years like other bikes under their policies.
I have 3 with them and am paying less than that as they are "classics"
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, both over 10 years old.

Just had a quote from Bennett's for comparison and they only want £150 the pair Shocked

F.J will be getting a stern talking to on Monday Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
akito-man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So- effectively, my sb8r was manufactured in 98, but 2004 was its first registration- does the insurance run on manufactured year or registrated?( first time ive insured a late registrered bike).Wink
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most quotes ask for year of manufacture Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get anywhere with FJ Oily?
my multibike policy with them has gone up by £50 this year, Bennetts wouldn't give me a quote!
So - looking elsewhere...........
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got off the phone to them 5 minuets ago. They dropped my premium £50 without even arguing so I had them knock another £20 off as a matter of principle because I felt cheated they wouldn't argue. In the mean time Carol Nash quoted me £179 Shocked first time I've ever had a decent quote from them. To sum up.....my insurance with F.J. is now cheaper this year than last year Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance should be going down. Its only us old gits riding, and we dont crash half as much as everyone used to in our mad youth! Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if we all keep buying more bikes, that means more work fettling and less time riding, thus the premiums should come down even further, lets face it we can only ride one at a time, with that policy I hope for another 10 bikes and the insurance company can start paying me instead Laughing

By comparison, I had a nightmare with Bennets trying to insure the Db4, they would only insure it on the frame number if I had 2 years no claims on THAT bike, as NCD from other bikes they wouldn't carry across, thus they were telling me if they could insure it I would have to have had it insured for 2 years first then they could insure it, Catch 22 or what. FJ for me every time so far
philfingers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been trying to sort my Edwards, Superlight and the new Multistrada that the appeared in my garage last week.
Carol Nash are quoting £372 FC and £266 TPF&T with 5 NCB.
How does it work with my YB11, it was registered 2003, is there any way of finding out when it was made? Not that i'd insure it this year anyway, or rather put it on the insurance with the others as it's already covered on a seprate policy which doesn't run out till Aug. NC30 was £50 TPO, seperate policy again.
Might be best trying to group the Superlight (94) with the Edwards (03) on a classic policy and then sticking the Multi on a sperate policy, which i was quoted £70 for TPF&T
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the previous threads, the issue Phil is the age of the bikes, Footman James and others do "classics" at 15 years or older, but you can have new bikes in there also as long as the classics make up 50% by quantity of the bikes. And FJ classify Bimota as Classics from 10 years old and more. Thus for me if I buy one more bike over 15 years old then all 6 bikes would be covered under a fully comp poilcy, legal and european cover, and breakdown cover for less than 300 for all the bikes for a year, simples, Now wheres that 6'th bike over 15 years old...maybe a 900SS with a white frame, say a 93 model? Laughing
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hafta phone fj,as cant quote online for me! anh6d my keybg5oard is gboosed,waitinh6gb for my nh6ew onh6e,fkinh6gb anh6nh6oyinh6gb Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: