Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 Brakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: DB1 Brakes Reply with quote

Mike Jennings wrote:
The kill button reads perfectly when tested and then plays up when back in the bike Shocked

My Ducati Paso 750 (as well as many others), has a similar problem. I often hear stories that the kill switch needs to be "OFF" while turning the engine over, and then flipped over to the "ON" position with the engine rotating to get it to fire. What is really happening is that the starter is drawing so much amperage from the battery to turn the engine that there is a 3-4 voltage drop by the time the power gets to the coils. The cure was to install a relay with the coil's voltage coming directly from the battery (like the newer 90's Ducati motorcycles). My Paso starts very well with the relay modification.

I'm not too sure if this may be an issue with your DB1, but maybe you should take a reading of the voltage at the coils while turning the engine over to see if you may be having too much voltage drop. There are reports of the Paso 750 dropping below 9 volts on some bikes (especially if the starter cables, battery terminals, or primary grounds have corrosion on them).
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: DB1 Brakes Reply with quote

Hello 2bims,

sorry, I should have remembered that the DB2 uses the four pot calipers! Mine are just like the standard twin pot P08 Brembos, as fitted to the R series airhead BMws etc, but with a gold finish and 32mm pistons. The brake pads have a two pin mounting, so the calipers aren't P05s as fitted to the Pantahs. I'm afraid I don't live in Buckinghamshire, BimSB6, nice place that it is!

Cheers, Mike J.
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: DB1 Brakes Reply with quote

Mike Jennings wrote:
Hello 2bims,
I'm afraid I don't live in Buckinghamshire, BimSB6, nice place that it is!

Cheers, Mike J.

Oh No......have we got to play a guessing game now?
I'm crap at guessing games Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Oily,

you may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment!

Cheers, Mike J. Very Happy
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Desmo Demon,

thanks for the info. It could well be corroded cabling on the bike causing the problem, as it's been in store for a while. Do you have any info. on wiring the relay in as I'm not a whizz with electrickery!

Cheers, Mike J.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Jennings wrote:
Hello Desmo Demon,

thanks for the info. It could well be corroded cabling on the bike causing the problem, as it's been in store for a while. Do you have any info. on wiring the relay in as I'm not a whizz with electrickery!

Jon Slocum on the Paso Forum created this document. The coil relay is described in Part 2 and starts on page 3...

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jcslocum/750%20Paso%20Wiring%20Upgrade%20rev2.pdf
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: