Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Anyone on here selling this on Ebay???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think democracy is over rated anyway...
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
now does anyone want any photcopied Db2/Db4/YB11 workshop manuals????

I'm like you have a tendency to willingly share information. I bought a '93/'94 DB2 workshop manual on CD off of eBay and then proceded to make a couple of copies and mailed them to buddies of mine for free.

By the way, anyone need a DB2 or DB3 spare parts manual?

A 4/97 print for the DB2FE/HF used to be here...
http://bimotadealer.bimotaamerica.com/dealer/us/bd_us_files/Bimota-DB2_PartCat.pdf

A 1/96 copy of the DB3 manual used to be here...
http://bimotadealer.bimotaamerica.com/dealer/us/bd_us_files/Bimota-DB3_PartCat.pdf

For some reason, neither of them seem to be working right now. If anyone needs/wants them, I kept e-copies of them and can probably email them. If you need one, just send me a message with your email address and the one you want/need. Wink
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Desmo, thats the spirit of Forums and is appreciated. I have just picked up a spare parts catalogue for DB2 also, which is an original, nice to have for exploded pictures etc, and has the all important part numbers that makes searching German sites and suppliers a whole lot easier when you have the part number. I haven't checked the date of that that brochure yet so could be handy to check against yours. I'll have a look tonight
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I have just picked up a spare parts catalogue for DB2 also, which is an original, nice to have for exploded pictures etc, and has the all important part numbers

I'd like to have original manuals, but I doubt I'd ever use them. I like the digital copies because I print the pages and put them in a binder. If any of the pages get dirty or damaged, I simply print out a new page and replace it.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Desmo, just checked my "original" Db2 spare parts catalogue and indeed it is a '97 issue so I have the same one as yourself, coming shortly is a Db4 workshop manual, no idea of whether the contents have any "worth' or merit but as soon as it arrives I would be willing to scan an email for anyone that needs a copy. I have the same for the DB2 (which is pants) and the YB11 which is actually useful, even has valve clearance tolerances depending on mileage and other quite useful stuff, servicing etc.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Cheers Desmo, just checked my "original" Db2 spare parts catalogue and indeed it is a '97 issue so I have the same one as yourself,

I also have the earlier DB2 parts manual that is a copy of the original microfishe (or however you spell it). They are essentially different parts manuals because the pictures are different and there are some parts on one that are not on the other. It may be handy to have a copy of both of them.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo, one of those would be nice, the DB2 is a 94 and the DB2 spares manual I have is a 97, must get some pills for my OCD, But only on Microfiche? That will be a bugger to slot into you DVD drive to copy and email Laughing
Gotta love this geographical split of Yanks getting up, Aussies going to bed and Europeans in the middle, gives 3 time zones for hits to the Forum. Whoever also decided that the UK should be in the middle of World maps? Theres a thought for the day. I suppose in Yanksville they have America in the middle and everyone else on the extremities?

Sciving work tomorrow to play with bikes, have to retro fit a thermister oil temp switch to the DB2 crank for a set of white triple clocks I've put on her, and also retro fitted a V-due headlight unit

Last edited by 2bims on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I recognize those clocks very well Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you would Pompey, quite rare to find a set with the temp gauge with so many 851's/888's being rescued from the Breakers yards, old 900SS's only having the 2 clocks. I have a tacky carbon layer surround for them also but am loath to fit as I would prefer a carbon wrap that is 3D as in it covers the edges also, but can't find any? Help? The original Db2 clcoks have a carbon wrap around and I found one for the DB4 also but that just does the tacho and temp gauge, and requires you to take the clocks out and it fits behind them, neat but a bugger as I thought it just dropped over the top like all the flat carbon sheets

Thus the clocks went from this with the ugly grey foam , speedo had to come out also as this was too tight against the clocks for the relatively thick but quality carbon piece to fit

With the finished poduct like this, well pleased, no nasty grey faded foam in sight
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Oooo, one of those would be nice, the DB2 is a 94 and the DB2 spares manual I have is a 97, must get some pills for my OCD, But only on Microfiche? That will be a bugger to slot into you DVD drive to copy and email Laughing

Oh no. I meant I have a digital (e-copy) of the microfiche, so it has the darkness around the edges and you can see where the microfiche had scratches on it. It's like the old digital copy I have of the parts manual for my old Paso 750. Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got now thanks, you have a PM and an email, got to go, work/biking/bike fixing/car service/pick up son day tomorrow, little work but much play
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my DB2 and DB3 parts manuals - cheers Terry! (aka Desmodemon)

ooh, goody - free listing weekend on t'bay Wink
oily

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

I'll have one of each for a tenner a-piece, but only if they're photocopies please Laughing
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

I had some special program coding inbedded into the PDF file. It will only allow one print and that print has special lines that prevent a photocopier from making copies. I hope your printer has a fresh ink cartridge in it. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: