Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

400cc DB2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: 400cc DB2 Reply with quote

I stumbled across this on the Internet and had never heard of a 400cc DB2 offered by the company. Anyone else know of them being produced?

Homepage - http://www.geocities.ws/MotorCity/Pit/6880/

Discussion of the engine - http://www.geocities.ws/MotorCity/Pit/6880/engine.html
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, specials produced for the Japanese market only at one time, mostly half fairings with belly pan, same engine as DB2 900 but sleeved down for their restrictions at the time. I have a review on one in a magazine (some 10 different reviews of magazines at the moment) if interested, Chances of finding one? about as slim as you'd need to be to get any fun out of one I imagine with a 400cc Ducati motor. Surprised
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth getting if cheap to throw out the lawn mower engine and put something else in... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh and it would be a simples Fit, 2 bolts and a few cables/connectors, electrics would be the same, BUT, try finding one, IMPOSSIBLE, and probably dearer than a full blown 900. The "Bible" Doen't even talk about the Junior other than listing a mere 105 as a Qty produced, but it also mentions 52, Junior 400cc DB1's Hhmm, that I would have, even if theres even less chance of finding one those
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Yeh and it would be a simples Fit, 2 bolts and a few cables/connectors, electrics would be the same, BUT, try finding one, IMPOSSIBLE, and probably dearer than a full blown 900. The "Bible" Doen't even talk about the Junior other than listing a mere 105 as a Qty produced, but it also mentions 52, Junior 400cc DB1's Hhmm, that I would have, even if theres even less chance of finding one those

you keep quoting all these production figures and perpetuating the myth Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do reference the "listing" and the "Bible" in the inverted commas for folk to make their own assumptions, and for the unfortunates who don't have a copy of the "Bible", there is one person on here though, although an infrequent visitor, who has 7 copies of the "bible", not continued reference to "Bible", and who believes all the wondorous tales in that fictional masterpiece?
Particular person with 7 copies, only exceeded by the number of Bimotas owned, being 8.....Evidently a good hearted and sound "Northerner". Up for possible meets, heck with the other Northern Quarter fellows we could have our own show of 19 Bims, just short of a few folk to ride them, and possibly the odd piece of "fettling" not to mention MOT's and Road tax blah blah Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is his Museum open?

Good luck trying to get 19 Bims in one place at the same time Wink
Us southern softies have trouble with more than two Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
When is his Museum open?

:

As soon as we have a warmer spell that coincides with my free time, i.e. non-work, non-girlie being in residence, non-son being in residence (all nice but don't all mix with bikes) I do intend to pop over and pay my entrance fees to the museum as theres more there also, with other makes and models, specials, collectors, race models etc, Notably secretive as I'd expect, and hopefully will return to the Forum with his insight and experience, the more the merrier Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Particular person with 7 copies, only exceeded by the number of Bimotas owned, being 8.....:

It would make a poor unfortunate Ausie very happy if you could somehow persuede your friend to part with a copy. Crying or Very sad
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it would make one happy, but how happy is the man with 7 copies??????????? He does show some of his bikes and has articles published on them and the kickback can be copies of the magazines, books, left over photos etc, so possibly each copy of the book has an emotionla tie to a particular bikem who knows. I grabbed the last English version that the publisher had left in italy, for another one on this Forum (for which I haven't hoped he still owes me - but we are trading for parts from the states when and if they arrive, did, dig..)
They crop up on Ebay from time to time, last one went for 180GBP from recollection, and Amazon have them also, but for bucket loads of money as from private sellers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/8879111981/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1330342957&sr=1-5&condition=used

Oh an absolute Bargain, starting at 535GBP, postage though is cheap at 2.80 Laughing Laughing

Or just get a nice girlfriend like myself that bought me one for my birthday, and is still secretive as to how much she paid.......
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
Particular person with 7 copies, only exceeded by the number of Bimotas owned, being 8.....:

It would make a poor unfortunate Ausie very happy if you could somehow persuede your friend to part with a copy. Crying or Very sad

You do know how much they're fetching Brian Shocked
I've bought bikes for less Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see this Tesi 1?

see how big it is?

Very Happy

is that in "The Bible"?
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. A 400 cc 4 can be a whole load of fun but the thought of a 400 twin? Might be very lazy indeed, have you ever ridden a Ducati 600 ss ...
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
see this Tesi 1?

[
is that in "The Bible"?

Page 316, Street Production by Model, Tesi 1D J 400 - Produced from 92-93 51 Quantity, you really will have to get yourself a copy of the "Bible" GeeKay, I checked out Librarian wages and its not a profession I intend taking up just yet.... Laughing Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
GeeKay wrote:
see this Tesi 1?

[
is that in "The Bible"?

you really will have to get yourself a copy of the "Bible" GeeKay,

nah - its way over-rated for what it is. Had a look at NLM's copy and it's a £50 book tops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: