Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

If the Germans owned Bimota....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: If the Germans owned Bimota.... Reply with quote

Well we all know and can respect the Germans for their Engineering prowess and perhaps occassions of "over engineering" but I received a package today from my kindly neighbours, courtesy of DHL whilst I was out, Hhhmm Large Box what could that be? Scratch of head, nope nothing sparking, box handed over, Hhhmm very light box indeed, Photo of box open with cheap plonk beside it for sense of scale

Box opened, reams and reams of shredded paper, looks like a field full of mice have had their fun

Scrabbled around like in a lucky dip bag until something solid was found....Can you see it yet??

Need a close up??

Yup its a billet alloy black anodised slotted sprocket cover to rid the DB4 of its 'orrible grey plastic version. Darn thing only weighs 25grammes, whereas the box of paper weighs 800grammes, well I suppose it made it made it easier for the postman not to lose it Laughing
Could have smuggled a small Romanian in it its that big Laughing
Ekku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: german post Reply with quote

Maybe the reason for such large box is that it that the cost of sending it is so cheap?

I am not aware of the rates of shipping to UK, but when I have ordered the stuff from Germany, 20 euros get you about 20kg parcel delivered to your doorstep and for 40 euros you can get almost a truckload of stuff.

Or maybe the sender was just lazy.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right, the EU postal service seems to be buttons compared to the UK, we pay for the privilege of being an Island methinks, so weight is the issue and size is immaterial. Fitted it tonight but to the DB2, hhmm had to get the mini dremel out and grind back a shallow area for it clear the slave cylinder, checked it against the original plastic sprocket cover and Yup, they had a projection too far right where it mattered, Quick mini dremel, well 30 minutes actually and 2 grinding stone later, quick clean up and coat of black enamel to the now shiney edge and fitted. Well would have been but the bolts became tight bound in the sockets as the plate is thinner than the plastic orignal, so even though "tight" it rattled, 2 No. SS washers later and job done. Jeeso it was more work than checking the DB4 over ready for on the road Laughing
v12al

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done to the guy who sent that, made sure it was never gonna be damaged... top man
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they can package a parcel but fail to make the component correctly in the first place, me thinks their priorities are fcucked up............ Laughing
Ekku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Italian style Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
so they can package a parcel but fail to make the component correctly in the first place, me thinks their priorities are fcucked up............ Laughing

Sound so italian to me.

All that matters is a shiny appearance. How it works is not so important... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: