Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

VOSA single vechicle approval .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: VOSA single vechicle approval . Reply with quote

Right then boys, all answers on a postcard to the Northern quarter by Friday !!

I am looking at importing a newish Bim from Italy, and as the chance of getting the certificate of conformity from Bimota is slim/imppossible, I am thinking it may be easier/quicker/cheaper going down the single vehicle approval route.

Now no matter what ,I will need to sort the lights out, but the biggest problem I can see is getting a late-ish Bim dash to read MPH.Now I am guessing they must do it but how do you reprogram it?

Come on you Vdue boys you must have been down this route, all the horror stories please. ASAP, before I commit to buying it.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: VOSA Single Vehicle Approval Reply with quote

Vort

If it's a very recent one it may have the Bimota branded Koso clocks which can be programmed (easily) to read kph or mph.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its of the 200-2004 era, vdue/sb8 dash, don't know how makes them and the vdue boys seem to suggest its can be modified but in Milan only.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just fit a new Koso dash and keep the original in a box under the bed ???
You can sell the original with the bike if your worried about authenticity and you'll have the mileage recorded and backed up with MOT certificates so it's going to be as close as any other bike. The Koso dash will be more reliable too.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about these dash's.
Are they a stand alone item or do they take a feed off the ecu, mileage etc, plus they have mode buttons , god knows what they do , but need to know ASAP, as the VOSA man says it has to read MPH, and obviously this could add ££££ if not a simple fix. Seems the vdue boys have kph clocks, but they had the cert of conformity which means they did'nt have to go throught the single vehicle vosa inspection.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, easy, cheap way out is to stick a small, digital push-bike speedo on it till after the test then ditch it Wink
My Sb6R had a mode switch and a feed from the ecu for the tacho. It still got the sack in favour of an Acewell dash. If I did it again, I would fit a KOSO dash only because they look the part Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedo has to be capable of reading the bikes max speed, they obviously thought of that one.
Thing that gets me is its a static test, so how will they know if its MPH or KPH. They do actually say if its an analog clock the stickers can not be on the glass they have to be on the clock face, but a digital one will read zero, and zero what !!! Will they actually know ??
oily

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Speedo has to be capable of reading the bikes max speed, they obviously thought of that one.

My digital mountain bike speedo reads up to 222mph Shocked
cost a tenner from halfrauds a couple of years ago Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Oily says, when i sorted my Husky s/moto out for the road i fitted similiar and the speedo was way more capable than the speed of the bike.............. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: