Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Opinions please Lads, and apologies for the absence
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Opinions please Lads, and apologies for the absence Reply with quote

OK Fellas, rightly posted in the General Chat section (as we don't have an "other" bikes section) and apologies for prolonged absence, been having a reverse sabbatical, too much work and chasing my own arse.

Seeing as how I value your opinions guys, so let them flow, good or bad, before I went the way of "Bimota" I was after a Superlight or old skool 900SS to make a stripdowned version, and its an itch that hasn't gone away and needed scratching.
Anyhow, courtesy of Philfingers diligent searching in curious places, I am the "proud" owner of the pup below, and thats the item under the lady and not the Lady on the bike

Its a 1991 version 900SS in original white frame although bodywork changed over but thats imaterial as most if its going, old dog even made it back to my home under her own steam. Right now heres the crux of the questions, keep with retro, colour change or same colour or mix and match, and heres the potential "after" versions, one of which time and resources permitting she will be turned into

BIKE "A", please press the Yellow button

Bike "B" (the one in the front) please press the red button

Or Bike "C" please press the red and white button

Oh and apologies in particular to Oily for them all having 2 cylinders missing Laughing
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs a pitched roof, I know it's only a pub extension but they could have made an effort to blend it in a bit.

Red Bike full fairing or a oldskool style cafe racer
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
It needs a pitched roof, I know it's only a pub extension but they could have made an effort to blend it in a bit.

Red Bike full fairing or a oldskool style cafe racer

very funny.

if you have a red bike already, go for the yellow. Ducati original racing colour.
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sticking my 851 engine into the st4s chassis I used to put the st4s engine into the 851. With me so far? Anyway, going to do something more like this which you could do with not to much effort to the 900ss?

option? by pompstar, on Flickr

Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well originally it would have looked like this, but that would be far too easy, but I did think about it for once. Have to give myself a bit more of a challenge than tightening two bolts Laughing
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_900ss%2091.htm
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the yellow one - but with a black engine, frame & swingarm and all the bling chucked away (vented cam belt covers and wavy discs - pah).
And no polished bits.
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a flying whippet logo!
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
I am sticking my 851 engine into the st4s chassis I used to put the st4s engine into the 851. With me so far? Anyway, going to do something more like this which you could do with not to much effort to the 900ss?

option? by pompstar, on Flickr

Wink

Jeeso that looks sweet, perhaps the next one in 10 years when I may be retired or infirm? Who knows, I think it would be 15 years if I had to finance that beauty

Theres this wonderful place in Germany that concentrate on 900SS air cooled twins, feast upon feast
http://kaemna.de/cms_en/katalog.htm?&view=artikel&artikel=2744
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
the yellow one - but with a black engine, frame & swingarm and all the bling chucked away (vented cam belt covers and wavy discs - pah).
And no polished bits.

I am leaning towards the yellow one and yeh black frame, black wheels, black disc centres, carbon cam covers, and a few bits of bling though I'm afraid GeeKay, polished rear swing arm (it is alloy already) polished rear sets, and a vented clutch cover but tasteful black, and intake tubes polished, no anodised tat though, dark sleek and sexy, and defo no wavey wavey
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I am leaning towards the yellow one and yeh black frame, black wheels, black disc centres, carbon cam covers, and a few bits of bling though I'm afraid GeeKay, polished rear swing arm (it is alloy already) polished rear sets, and a vented clutch cover but tasteful black, and intake tubes polished, no anodised tat though, dark sleek and sexy, and defo no wavey wavey

Sounds pretty good to me...except the polished bits. Even owning a Harley, I don't care much for the "bling" factor on bikes. Laughing
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
oily

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Opinions please Lads, and apologies for the absence Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Oh and apologies in particular to Oily for them all having 2 cylinders missing Laughing

Everyone to their own my man Wink
Please, stick to the two cylinder toys..........................
All the more proper bikes for me Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
bimototo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at peppo's ducati at radical ducati, very nice realization Wink
I've send a mail today morning, have you received it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks Bimototo, and the word you were looking for is "breakers", I'll send more pictures and info, but I have started ordering already, forks, carbs, the DB4ie exhaust, fairing front, etc, etc thanks again for your assistance, been busy with one thing and another. Had the forst proper ride of the DB4 and .............I like it, seems nimbler and sweeter than the DB2..........But.............I think I have been spoilt with all of the engine improvements made to the DB2 as its a beast in comparison to the power of the DB4......but still a sweet ride, scrubbing in the new tyres, and not quite summer here yet...... Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellow........
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:

Sounds pretty good to me...except the polished bits. Even owning a Harley, I don't care much for the "bling" factor on bikes. Laughing

Way to go, Mr DD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: