Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 clutch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: DB1 clutch Reply with quote

Hello,

can anyone tell me if clutch plates are available to fit the F1 engine? I think Paso plates are the same, but are there any other model or years which will fit?

Cheers, Mike J.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a Ducati dealer. I'm always going in and telling them the nike the engine came from for the DB2 and DB4, then they throw uo the microfiche for that model and it leasts all the bikes that share the same parts, makes searching a whole lot easier. Or contact PM direct the guys on here that have DB1's
roli57

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy Mike,
the 750F1-engines and the db1-engines are same. All the clutches they have the HC-clutch-cover have the same clutch-plates.

regards Rolf

Bikes: Ducati Pantah + Cagiva Alazzurra Custom + 2 x Bimota DB1 + Honda Clubman 650 + KTM-SOS-Racer
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolF Dear Rolf, Sell me, loan me, give me, just one DB1, 2 is one too many for one man, it would help with my collection.... Laughing
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

fortunately, I managed to raid an old 851 engine I had in the shed and the plates are the same fitting Smile . Thanks for the replies, though, and good luck with your search, 2bims (does Rolf have a cat?),

Cheers, Mike J.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping he has a Zoo, I hear they are very expensive to maintain........ Laughing Laughing
Still Waiting for a few pictures Keith...We all really really like pictures. Is it too early for your son to be up yet to help with the techno side?
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: DB1 clutch Reply with quote

Well Fred Very Happy

he's still at school at the moment but I'll have another go. The DB's completely stripped down at the moment. Unfortunately, the crankcases have been badly damaged and rewelded at some point so I'll be fitting some F1 cases if I can find some and Paso cases if I can't. The rest of the bike looks pretty good, so it'll be out with the wire brushes and purple and green Hammerite,

Cheers, Mike J.

P.S. Only joking about the Hammerite Laughing
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: DB1 clutch Reply with quote

here's piccies of cat and bim. Sorry-still having problems! I'll wait 'till Paul gets home
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: DB1 clutch Reply with quote

Here's the long promised picture of the cat (note the pixilation!)

Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: DB1 clutch Reply with quote

And some piccies of the DB1.....(sorry about the quality!)

m_a_saunders

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Racing Spare Parts should be able to help out with the clutch if you get stuck:

http://www.oldracingspareparts.com

Cheers,

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: