Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB7 Insurance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: DB7 Insurance Reply with quote

Hi - Any UK DB7 owners here? If so, who does your insurance. I cant find any company that actually list the bike on their website and when i ring them they say they dont offer insurance on that model!

Thanks in advance
Rich
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that sounds like an issue, I presume you have tried all the usual places, Bennets, Carole Nash etc. I use Footman James, they know all the old Bimotas so should be up to speed with new ones? Unfortunately your bike is too young for "classic" insurance as FJ (just google them) do Bimotas at 10 years old as opposed to 15 years like most companies
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah done all the search engines and was also recommended to footman james by Graham, although they had not heard of the bike they put me onto a company who they said would cover me. That company then said they wanted me to own the bike for a year then they would cover me! Meantime I just look at the bike? Lol.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats absolute pants for you mate, and sounds like "bennets" they wanted me to build up 2 years NCD on the DB4 before they would cover me, but wouldn't give me the insurance, so how could I get 2 years on that one bike???? Most annoying, then FJ confirmed they could add it to the multibike policy for a 25squid admin charge and then a further .........12squid on top. I said I'd have 5 of them. It amy be a route for you to buy an old knacker over 15 years old, doesn't have to be a runner. Just something with a number plate and that with the the DB7 would clasify the 2 bikes on a classic policy when 50% of the bikes or more are classified as classic. What better excuse to buy another bike could you ever ask for??

Try FJ again and use J485 OBC as the "second" pretend bike. Its my pup of a Ducati 900SS just picked up, 904cc and Year of manufacture 1992. Evidently just as a test for FJ as it could show you the route through to insurance...Let me know how you get on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: