Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Questa e la mia sfida.............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can always reside with me.
brian

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work Gaz, it''l be worth it in the end. It's come a long way since you started with a box of bits.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Poor C3PO cant be destined to be split up and live in someones loft again for another ten years.......... Crying or Very sad

I am beginning to understand why it did.................... Wink
husson73

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
2bims wrote:
Poor C3PO cant be destined to be split up and live in someones loft again for another ten years.......... Crying or Very sad

I am beginning to understand why it did.................... Wink
It's a wonderful project and a difficult one Geekay but when you will achieve it you will forget all the troubles (and the big hole on your wallet and the time sharing) Wink
we all have crazy project (speaking about bike of course, what else?) to do (to build) but your is awesome Cool
Yes you can Very Happy
trev45

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be finished

Trev
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back on the case.................
I have checked with owners of 851 /888 Ducatis to see if the upper and lower cylinder rocker cover end plates are identical and interchangeable or not, and they are. They are also the same as those fitted to the 996 motor. Only close scrutiny of the Tesi parts book eventually revealed that the upper cylinder rocker cover has the oil feed banjo bolt in a different place to the standard Ducati covers. And cross-referencing the part numbers gives 2 completely different numbers.
So - my assumption is that Bimota designed and built the first Tesi 1 using only a pair of bare crankcases - much the same as I did during my previous "dry-builds". Then, when they had jigs made for all the tubular framework, they fitted a complete 851 /888 motor and encountered the same problem as me - the subframe wanting to occupy the space already occupied by the upper cylinder oil feed banjo bolt. So thay went away and had a new rocker cover end plate cast, with the mounting hole / boss for the oil feed located higher up on the plate. I have followed suit - I have purchased another rocker cover end plate and it is away having the original feed pipe mounting removed and welded-up and a new mounting fitted nearer the top edge of the cover so as to allow the subframe tubing to pass underneath.
And the stupid battery box is being modified so that the front plate is removable and the battery can then be replaced without dismantling most of the entire bike !
Dread to think what else is lying in wait.............
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You love it really; it keeps you alert.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't - it does Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feeling the love for the Tesi once again, I embarked on an ebay session today, looking for parts I need to get this project up and running.
Having scorned good advice not to go the twin-injector route, I came to my senses and bought a set of used Ducati 748/916 single injector throttle bodies to replace the 996 twin injector set that I broke whilst modifying them to fit >Sad

they'll be fine after a session in the works parts washer.

and the purchase of this JHP performance air filter kit neatly solves my airbox / filter dilemma.........

it'll be needing a clutch too, so this genuine Ducati slipper clutch should be well suited to a race bike.........

and one of the missing parts of the engine's electrickery that sorts it's injection parameters, this is the atmospheric pressure sensor......

just need to score an air temp sensor and 2 engine management system relays and thats the electrics sorted Very Happy

the project gathers momentum once again................
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Royal Marines call it "Mind over Matter"; meaning "We don't mind; You don't matter". Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see it gathering pace once again GeeKay........But a Ducati Performance Slipper Clutch???????????? Surely not a slipper.......thought that past and current experience had taught you that a standard clutch was what you'd be after???
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can't all be as bad as yours Very Happy
the used clutch unit was £30 dearer than a set of new plates.........
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not a bad price for a full clutch set, drum and hub and pressure plate....sorry to break it to you....but Ducati Slipper clutches are just as bad as STM ones used by Bimota......of course its just the first gear pullaway thats the issue......and that may be some time?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too right matey - but at least there is a bit more progress !
If it does perform as badly as the ones fitted to Bimota's, I'll take it off and throw it in the direction of ebay.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more ebay success.............

1 of the 2 required engine management relays

and an air temperature sensor, which comes attached to a Ducati 916 headlight mounting bracket replete with its mounting bolts - but hey, for a fiver, I can bin the bracket and bolts - unless anyone wants them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: