Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota fairing, clocks.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Bimota fairing, clocks. Reply with quote

Hi guys

I am a new Sb6r owner and have no idea where to find stuff for this bike. My speedo is not working and have no idea whether it is the wheel sensor or others. I know there is a sensor on the lower fork leg but is there a magnet or something on the wheel as well. My mechanic says it is reading off the steel fasteners on the disc and disc holder. Can someone help??

Where can I find the complete fairing for the sb6r. My bike has a carbon tail and the rest is plastic . Is that correct?

2/4strokes

Last edited by 2OR4STROKES on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, most of us trawl through the on line auction houses to keep an eye out for spairs. They do come up fairly regularly so will keep an eye out for you... My SB6 is certainly carbon fibre through out, I am sure one of the guys on the forum can tell you more about the sb6r? Welcome an board and good luck on the bits. Oh, just a thought... I had a connection problem with my batteries and the first thing to stop working was the speedo?
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: bimota fairng , clocks Reply with quote

Hi Pompey

Thanks for the reply> If there is a link to this auction sale please let me know. I will be keen to buy stuff as well.By the way does your SB6 have a sensor and sensor detector on the front wheel and fork respectively?Seems to be quite a quiet forum as compared to other makes. Well the price you pay for a rare piece of italian heartache .
oily

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How ya doin. FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE Very Happy
The speedo sensor reads off a magnet in the centre of ONE of the disc fastners.
A fairing is close on £3000 from Bimota. (I bought one from ebay for £9.99 but it is in about 30 bits and I'm not sure it can be salvaged even to make a mold which was the original plan)
I got a set of clocks from German ebay, very expensive Crying or Very sad
I also have a SB6R workshop manual but it is very basic and not an awfull lot of help.
Let me know if you need specific information and I'll try to help Wink
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Bimota fairing ,clocks Reply with quote

Hi oily

Just fill up the profile.Would appreciate if you could show me a picture of where the magnet is fitted because I cannot find one on mine.

If you ever want to sell the clocks please let me know. Would appreciate if you can provide me the service manual either posted or uploaded.

Thanks Do you ride other bikes as well oily.If yes what are they?
for your help.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have email Wink
trev0006

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep an eye out on ebay.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: SB6R clocks Reply with quote

The stepper motors (the bit that sits behind the dial and moves the needle) go in the clocks. Once you've got the clocks apart they're fairly easy to replace with a soldering iron.
oily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A source for the stepper motors would be quite useful Wink
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: SB6R Clocks Reply with quote

H.G. Brunner Ltd 01732 873715 Product Code: X25-168. You need 2 of them for each set of clocks. These people would only sell me a box of 10, which came out at £100. Either gives you a good few spares, or could be spread across other SB6R owners. I think this is an upgrade to the original motor so, as usual, fingers crossed that this one is more robust.
MARTIN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this up a while back,check out thier website

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/index.html

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: SB6R Fairing/clocks Reply with quote

Your mechanic is right, the speedo sensor reads off the four bolts in the disc bobbins - there is no magnet in this case, unlike other sensors which pick-up off the wheel.

The upper, middle and lower fairing is made from plastic and it all hangs off itself apart from the 2 bolts holding the mid-section to the frame. Not surprisingly, this leads to all sorts of stress fractures where the pieces are bolted together. The expensive remedy would be to have all the plastic parts re-made in carbon. Probably prohibitively expensive to have the moulds made for a single set, but if there were enough owners interested, it might be a goer. I've come across a carbon upper, but don't know where it was done. Perhaps it would be worth having a show of hands from owners as to who would be interested in chipping in for the moulds to be made.

Cheaper alternative is to try and reinforce the connecting points. I'm giving that a go at the moment with fibreglass. I'll post again, once I've had a chance to ride it again a bit, as to whether this cures its tendency to self-destruct.

Like most, if not all, Bimotas this bike is not without its foibles, but it's a stoater when it's sorted.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've already sent him pics and stuff on his speedo problem. Fairing moulds for the 6r already exist and you can have a complete 6r fairing, in carbon, for about £1200 Wink
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: SB6R Fairing Reply with quote

Oily

Sounds like you've got a good bit further down this road than me. If you can spill the beans on who's holding the moulds, I'll get Granny listed on E-Bay with a £1200 reserve - unless you're interested in taking her as a part-ex for your 6?
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go,

http://www.motoemotion.co.uk/page3.htm

I've spoken to him and he's happy to sell you a whole fairing in carbon for about £1200 or just individual panels.

Now, back to your granny, what's her "use by" date before I commit to a deal Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: