Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DUCATI 900SS 1991 Restoration.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
mmmm. that satin black frame and wheels do look great.

Oh Pomp's , don't get me interested in a third colour scheme, I'm having enough troubles choosing between 2 as it is Laughing

Mako, Hi there and welcome, seen you around before, picture of bike?

Yeh I've heard about the carb icing and I've ordered a high level oil cooler kit and new cooler so may make the mod then, copying what is already on my Db4, don;t have them on my DB2, but then that has flatslides anyhow so no worries there Laughing

Fortunately the regulator/rectifier has already been changed for an Electrex RR51, just like on my DB2, the Ducati dealer recommended this as standard to be done and better than the ones Ducati supply. I have a feeling though that theres a long list of things still to do and buy, just waiting for postman for new bits

I notice you are in Italy, theres a wonderful man based over there, Piricambi07 on ebay that does great prices and fantastic delivery, cost wise and time wise, well recommended, would love to rummage through his spares, I've heard that if 10 Bimota fans went there you could find enough spares to build 2 complete Bimotas, as the seller often doesn't know what bikes they came from other than "Bimota" or Ducati. His prices are 25% or less than Ducati Main Dealer, all new stuff and his delivery is 3-4 days, main dealer can be 3-4months!!!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Such a well designed frame deservers to be "in ya face" white.
Fraid the black reminds me of a "home brew" made out of electrical conduit Wink

Careful Oiley, complementing Italian manufacturers? Time for your medication methinks Laughing

But yeh, I do agree with you, colour of frame should be a complete contrast

The yellow colour scheme one that I intend to clone has 2 pictures on the net. clearly the same bike, but one has a titanium/pewter colour frame, and the other a black one, so it got changed at some time, just wonder what colour it went from and to as it now remains?
Was this the first colour choice?

Or was it this one????

Even the 750SS looks quite cool as a strip down

Pompey

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 851 is the same year as the 888 but looks much older just because of the white frame... guess it should be white if you want the classic look but satin black for the modern version. But as Oily said, it would make it look like an obvious special to anyone in he know. But then again, who cares?

My solution would be simple. If you have 2 colour schemes in mind , then buy another one and do them both. Simples. Wink
Mako

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Pompey wrote:

Oh Pomp's , don't get me interested in a third colour scheme, I'm having enough troubles choosing between 2 as it is Laughing

Yeh I've heard about the carb icing and I've ordered a high level oil cooler kit and new cooler so may make the mod then, copying what is already on my Db4, don;t have them on my DB2, but then that has flatslides anyhow so no worries there Laughing

Fortunately the regulator/rectifier has already been changed for an Electrex RR51, just like on my DB2, the Ducati dealer recommended this as standard to be done and better than the ones Ducati supply. I have a feeling though that theres a long list of things still to do and buy, just waiting for postman for new bits

I notice you are in Italy, theres a wonderful man based over there, Piricambi07 on ebay that does great prices and fantastic delivery, cost wise and time wise, well recommended, would love to rummage through his spares, I've heard that if 10 Bimota fans went there you could find enough spares to build 2 complete Bimotas, as the seller often doesn't know what bikes they came from other than "Bimota" or Ducati. His prices are 25% or less than Ducati Main Dealer, all new stuff and his delivery is 3-4 days, main dealer can be 3-4months!!!

Here is a photo (still single disc, really bad looking and bad braking)

and here at Briancon in France:

I got the mufflers painted black as It makes the rear lighter and thinner...

Thank you for the name of the seller.... It has other account on ebay:
http://www.pirinimoto.it/
Very good seller, I've bought a mikuni BDST38 carb set for 70euro and other Brembo parts at incredibly low prices... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie, Gracie, Gracie, You have just cost me another small fortune, but very happy indeed to find the rest of the replacement forks needed, one happy person, and I like your 750SS, the traditional white with the old logos, very nice
brian

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mako wrote:
2bims wrote:
Pompey wrote:

Here is a photo (still single disc, really bad looking and bad braking)

mmm, nice ZXR750R in the background there. I'd like one of those!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Mako

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Very nice bike, thirsty as a briklayer under the sun, quite heavy, but FCR really rule...
Here is me in a track day. This MILF has made many new bikes see green rats... Very Happy

2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mako wrote:
brian wrote:

Doh brian!!! I was really hoping to peel that green baby away from Mako, but now others may be on to it Laughing Always wanted the R version, despite them only working properly above 100Mph

Mako? your English seems very English, yet you reside outside UK? Jealousy coming to the Fore
Mako

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Mako? your English seems very English, yet you reside outside UK? Jealousy coming to the Fore

... no, I'm italian and live in Italy, in a place where Bono wrote "where the streets have no straights" ... then he went back home and changed the name of the song.

Sorry for You two, but I don't own the "R" anymore. It has left place to the SB6 in the garage.... but if I'll find a "K" model (mine was an "M") ... who knows... Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mako wrote:
2bims wrote:

... no, I'm italian and live in Italy, in a place where Bono wrote "where the streets have no straights" ... then he went back home and changed the name of the song.

Sorry for You two, but I don't own the "R" anymore. It has left place to the SB6 in the garage.... but if I'll find a "K" model (mine was an "M") ... who knows... Very Happy

Congratulations though on your command of the English Language Mako, sure makes sense, do you use a google translate or such??

Reason being....I am after a motorbike for sale in Italy, the seller has answered an email once to say its still for sale, but "prefers the telephone" I have his contact details but have no command of Italian. I simpl would like to know if its for sale still? Having an Italian speaker to assist would be Fabulouso y magnifico, see how bad my English is??
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? i thought the kwack was a K model? I had one in those Team France endurance colours from factory... WHYWHYWHY did I bloody sell it!!!!! Aghhh. Great bike, short ratio gearing, flatsides, single seat, light weight tank, handling spot on, induction noise heaven etc etc. Stupidostupidostupido Crying or Very sad

Did they make an M model in those colours and solo seat?
Mako

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Mako wrote:
2bims wrote:

Congratulations though on your command of the English Language Mako, sure makes sense, do you use a google translate or such??

Reason being....I am after a motorbike for sale in Italy, the seller has answered an email once to say its still for sale, but "prefers the telephone" I have his contact details but have no command of Italian. I simpl would like to know if its for sale still? Having an Italian speaker to assist would be Fabulouso y magnifico, see how bad my English is??

thanks.. yes, I mostly use google translator to understand what I've written Very Happy
Your Italian is a bit spanish polluted... but it works Wink

No problem, I would be glad to help you if I can. Send me via MP the seller phone and what do you want to know...
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a PM.....with link to the website and moto, yes Spanish polluted, I speak and write spanish and french, a little Polish and Arabic and German, but sorry no Italian, except bad swear words, as I used to work for Impregilio Italian Construction Company, many happy years of pizza and pasta, men in the kitchen, nice nice people. They taught me how to cook and eat, I taught them how to drink (A bad idea for them Laughing )
Mako

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
? i thought the kwack was a K model? I had one in those Team France endurance colours from factory... WHYWHYWHY did I bloody sell it!!!!! Aghhh. Great bike, short ratio gearing, flatsides, single seat, light weight tank, handling spot on, induction noise heaven etc etc. Stupidostupidostupido Crying or Very sad

Did they make an M model in those colours and solo seat?

Very Happy yes great bike and a pity to sell one... Embarassed

The K model was the 91-92 solo-seat model. two vent tubes in the fuel tank, slimmer butt and lighter than the later M.

The M model was the 93-94 solo-seat model. Single vent tube on the left side of the fairing, and a booty stile that was a step behind in terms of design, but It is the only Kawa to have won the WSBK (scott russel, 1993)
brian

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M model was the last ZXR750R ever made. Only a handfull made it to Ausie shores, nearly impossible to find one here now. I certainly would like one but if i get the chance.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: