Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Certificate of Conformity for a Bimota
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Certificate of Conformity for a Bimota Reply with quote

Hi All, does anyone out there have a genuine Original Certificate of Conformity, as provided and signed by Bimota for their motorbikes. Supposed to be provided in the language of the country of manufacture, thus Italian, and a legal requirement for all vehicles made after 1996 to enable a universal standard for cross EU border sales of motorbikes and cars, for registration purposes in other EU states.

Chance of getting an original from Bimota??? I need sight of what an original one looks like, CO1 emissions, decible levels etc. I have a photocopy one but the DVLA say no good, as its not an original...All help appreciated Crying or Very sad
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm,dont think i got that with my bike! Confused
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Akito, DVLA are only concerned about bikes less than 10 years old from date of manufacture, if they were previously road registered somewhere. Over 10 years old, insurance, MOT and money only needed
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb8r made 98 ,regd 2004
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting the post up for me 2Bims, anyone able to help on what a Bimota Certificate of Conformity is like.
Just for a bit of background I tried to register the Santamonica on Thursday. Built in 2004 and registered in Italy in 2008. I have the original Italian reg doc, and all the original authentic export documents from the Italin DVLA and a bad photocopy of part of the CoC. Got the bike insured and MOT'd on the frame number and off I trot to the DVLA with all my forms. Wait 30 minutes for my number to be called, and then some extremely ugly PMT female takes one look at the CoC and says ' I DONT THINK SO ' go away and get an original.
Anyone thinking that buying a bike from Europe, even a registered one will be simply fouling themselves if they think it can be easily registered over here. The Europe reg doc mean diddly squat .
Registered in Europe or not the DVLA states you must have an original CoC document, even though to register in Italy they must have had one, which of course you do not get back when registering. I have tried contacting the Bimota Factory ( but dont hold out much hope ) and have also contacted the dealer I bought off in Italy to see if he has any contacts at the factory.
Also be warned that although it is impossible to register a bike/car , here or in Europe without paying VAT , you NEED written proof that it has been paid in Europe, as you need to fill in HMRC forms when you register and they assume you are going to pay VAT, its upto you to prove its already been paid .
2Bims has even discovered that Ducati Manchester struggle getting these CoC doc's for NEW Ducati's, and they are a main dealer.
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an idea . .
it was and still should be not too difficult to get a kitcar or whatever through SVTA.
check with the VOSA- that it could be a backdoor for these newer imports.
The test costs around 60 something pounds,and with a factory built bike- it is naturally going to pass??
I've got the inspection manual and it's all common sense stuff, what every factory built vehicle easily conforms to. Mines about 6 years old though, but if nothing enormous has changed?

www.vca.gov.uk

good luck
Ian
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Crankie, yeh theres the VSA test, there are lots of companies that advertise that they will get you the "CoC" for many vehicles, within 7 days, as the CoC is supposed to be so that any european vehicle can be sold and registered in any EU country, and with one of these registration is simple, straight to any MOT station, insurance and road tax, as opposed to making a booking and trailoring down to your local VSA centre (not so local for me!) Evidently none of the companies I've contacted though offer Coc's for "bimotas" as they have to get them from the factory....
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at the Vosa MSVA test, think they said it was £89 , but does'nt break the bank. Only certain centres do bikes, and luckily , one not far from me. Issue's are the vehicle MUST be fitted with UK lights and speedo. These can not simply be stickers on lights or clocks. They have to be pukka UK stuff.Unlike an MOT .
Light not that difficult as just a TL1000, but SM digital clock's are a bit more difficult .(NLM say they may be able to change dash to MPH but not sure as never done it.)
Also chances of me getting a vosa test in the next 9 days before my insurance runs out is slim.
Here's me thinking the SM was going to be the easy one to register !!
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody lend you some clocks just for the test?

mileage might look a bit funny- but that would be corrected at the next MOT !

. . .

worth asking
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can anybody lend you some clocks just for the test?

I can take the clocks off my vdue as they are UK ones, but would be alot easier to get hold of a CoC .
I am putting the forms in for a Vosa test as a back up to getting the paperwork, but easier to get a CoC than strip bikes down , swap parts, and trailer to vosa. Especially as I have to go through he same with the vdue . Thought the SM would be the easy option as Italian registered.
(Easier , well probably not, we are talking about Bimota, but worth a go )
vort28

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may have expected , emails to Bimota for a Certificate of Comformity have come to nothing.
Even though the Santamonica has been registered in Italy, and the original CoC given to the Italian authorities, the DVLA still want to see the original, a copy will not do.
The only other option is an MSVA test at Vosa. Only certain centres do bikes, and our local one is due to be closed in July . After filling in the paperwork , I was rung on Tuesday with an oppointment next tuesday the 22nd May. Their next appointment after that was the 26th June !!!!

Both bikes hopefully now ready, UK lights and MPH clocks and quiet exhausts. Might even be on the road for June. Very Happy Very Happy

Be warned. Importing a bike less than 10 years into the UK is not that easy. And for a VOSA test you can not simply stick tape on the light and put stickers on the speedo's. They have to be the correct items.
crankcase

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you're getting this sorted.
Should be a straight through job.
fingers crossed
Ian
vort28

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fingers crossed

Thanks Ian.

Is a long time since I last rode a vdue. 15years in fact. Hopefully this carb version will be what its promised to be Laughing Laughing Thing is very light, and soon to be lighter when I get the dymags fitted with tyres.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second the best of luck and keeping fingers crossed, I'd suggest you get the Mrs to keep her legs crossed for you but since your recent visit for the Man kind "nip and tuck" probably not needed for a while Laughing

Keep hold of my lucky charm until they are registered mate, and let me know when "puff Daddy's" wheels are fitted and I'll pop over on the DB4 with likewise wheels and we'll go kerb crawling down Southampton Promenade on a Sunny Day and see how many drivers and pedestrians we can blind from the shine, and for you, you can deafen and choke them with those Jolly Moto cans spewing 2 stroke smoke Laughing

DB4 electrical problem sorted, a duff wire on the rear Coil, when swopped coils over it was fine, and read fine, so wires were rigged everywhere until it started and ran on both cylinders, apparently very smokey for a while with all the fuel built up in the exhausts Laughing
akito-man

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gd luk!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: