Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

triple clamp removal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry dude, didn't have high velocity rounds in my day, just cannon balls and sails. You know, when ships were made of wood and men were made of steel. (last weapon I fired was a 7.62? SLR) Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh... happy jack! I knew it. You probably shot yourself in the foot on main gate sentry duty. Anyway, should anyone ask you again its 175 mm. Hoorah the senior service!
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: triple clamp removal Reply with quote

Thanks Oily

That helps a great deal. Looks like this forum is only you, Pompey, me and occasionally a chirp from some other.

Quiet, very quiet indeed....
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: triple clamp removal Reply with quote

Pompey

Everyone who has served in the Army using an AR15 will know the answer but unfortunately I conveniently forgot because it is not bike related.... Haa

5.56mm caliber is an AR15 rifle.

cheers
oily

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever happened to man sized bullets?
Why did we ever swap them for those piddleing little 5.56mm toy things. How can you expect to do any damage with 5.56mm? I've got a catapult that fires bigger things than that.
I'm gonna write to Mr J Clarkson and ask him to start a campaign to bring back real weaponry into the British military, like 7.62 caiibre and 4.5" ships guns Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a brilliant idea! We all preferred 7.62, not least of which because it had a stronger gas return so you could have a stronger return spring which meant fewer stoppages. We trialed the new SA80 5.56 system in 85 and we rejected it. BUT, to recoup the research and development costs most countries rely on selling their weapons to other countries. If we rejected it then who else would buy? As it happens no one did anyway because it's crap. We adopted 5.56 in line with the yanks hand in glove with new section level tactics with equally balanced fire teams instead of a seperate gun support group and assault group. You can carry more ammunition by weight and it was compatible with the bulk of UN forces. If you ask the lads on the ground, they'll take a 7.62 every time. Its like boxers ( not the shorts)... A good big one will beat a good small one every time.
Pompey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr Strokes, I figure you served in the early seventies prior to the mods to the AR15 into the M16? American?
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: triple clamp removal Reply with quote

Ppmpey

I served in the Singapore Armed forces and yes it was called an AR15 during my time. As for my reservist call up it was then called an M16. How come you are interested in weapons and what kind of a bodyguard are you. You look after some famous stars or royalty?
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of both... Have a good 2009 guys! I am booked to be coming thru singers in the fall. I'll give you a shout!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: