Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

900SS Resto Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I'd go along with that. I have 2 good mates, one rides bikes but only offroad, coz he can't trust himself on road, and the other who would love a bike but knows he would kill himself so doesn't, won't even do mountain bikes for the same reason. Yet they both love football (watching that is) thus your comments seem to parallel across to the fans also.

Have to hop for good weather during the Olympics, so I can make the most of quiet empty roads then Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympics?........

What they?
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe you boys aren't going to the Olympics. Still time to get some excellent tickets you know, and I'm sure you can find some bargains on ebay.
Or you could use the money to buy some sticky rubber , a few hundred gallons of fuel and have some fun.
I know where my money will/has gone !!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're about right with the calculation. Its a shame that I didn't "win" any tickets in the share out, I was looking forward to paying 400squid to stay in a Travel Lodge in East London Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guys its been a month since last updating this post, and until yesterday nothing was done, took a whole month concentrating on the new acquisition, and then i thought, Oh Jesso I'll need some space in the garage............

Ang on a mo? What used to be in that space???

Oh yeh I remember now, its what I just wheeled out of the garage, AKA the "Pup"

well its been long overdue and I've been dreading pulling the bolts out of the frame and engine and swinging arm but have routinely each week wasted a whole can of WD40 on all the points, hoping that a easy job will be ahead

Rotten corroded leaking forks off

Didn't have abig enough allen key for the front spindle so took the forks off with the spindle and wheel on and simply used one fork leg to unscrew the spindle from the other fork leg end, simples...I will not be defeated

Tyres popped off, disc bolts all loosened, wheels ready for grit blasting and powder coating

Now time for the 2 bolts on the rear shock, and the dreaded 2 long bolts through the engine and the fixed shaft through the swinging arm and engine

Jeeso that was easy, tops 10 minutes and all came off no problem, no shearing, no twisting of spaghetti bolts at all

even compressed the spring on the rear shock and got that off ready for powder coating and the clip ons and the top and bottom headstock....jobs done

Just the lump of an engine to bead blast, clean up spray, valve clearances and belts

All bodywork, tank, seat unit, front fairing and fairing lowers no keyed and filled an sanded and ready for the paint shop

I have to say the dining room table is looking a little cluttered with parts and new bolts, fixings, carbs, gaskets, clocks, you name it, come to think of it the wholes ruddy room is getting a bit full

Well next week when I get time, it will be drop all the parts off for powder coating and spraying, stickers put on, lacqering etc, and then the fun part comes with putting clean and new shiney bits back on and no Oiley Hands,,,,,shiney....My Precious......

Now how the heck has that Db2 got in on the scene again????

Oh Yeh, she's off for new boots, done some 2500 since they were last changed so I'm upgrading those boots for Michelin Power Sports, and the dreaded Pirelli Corses are coming off to go on the "Pup" they'll be fine for that bike, its just a bike that the missey will be using anyhow....Late now, so its off for a shower, I stink.....Made me sandwiches for tomorrow....Oh must have some tea, not eaten yet, Jesso....Hobbies? Who has time? Laughing
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

took the Duc. ST2 out for a spin today in the nice weather-what a nice bike and not too uncomfy for my old bones-sounds nice too after I put the original cans back on-the old carbon cans were too loud. Looks like the Deeber will be taking longer than I thought as the sunshine is too much of a temptation after the last few months!

Cheers, MikeJ
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, good to hear that your're making the most of the Summer whilst its here, might only be for a week. Been a dry spell over here, or very heavy rain. Thus the resto has had a back seat as of late. Sun, then ride, rain then stay indoors.

Been mixing and matching bikes meself, but strangely its always one of the 2 Bimotas at the moment that gets the privilege of exiting the garage. The others have all been out in the last mnth, but simply to go to the MOT station and back.
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

just bought another engine for the DB1 (that'll be the third then...). Having gone nearly bonkers over what'll fit what and trying unsuccesfully to locate a parts book for the cheapo 750 Sport engine I had, I've decided to buy a complete Paso engine and strip and rebuild it. The swinging arm mounting conversion looks more straightforward than I thought so 'a friend in the trade' might be able to turn up a couple of special bronze bushes. Otherwise it's a question of sitting in front of the fan until things cool down.

Cheers, MikeJ
P.S. Monty's now camouflaged herself as a seat cushion and is hoping to go unnoticed (This is getting more surreal than a Magritte convention!).
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just popped a post on here to keep the 2 "halves" of the resto together..sort of...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: